In my infinate wisdom, I moved my encypted broken private files..how can I move them into a private folder to decrypt them?

permissibleyield

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
In my infinate wisdom, I moved my encypted broken private files...

When I upgraded to Lollipop, the encryption was broken for all the files that I'd had in my private folder when I had kitkat. Since I didn't want to mess up the files, I wisely **heavy sarcasm** decided to move them, all encrypted and unavailable to a different location on my SD card. Then yesterday they pushed out an update that fixed the encryption and would have restored my files if I had just left them alone, but I had not moved my files back to the private folder yet. And now I'm looking for advice...

I tried just turning on private mode and moving the files into the folder, but that doesn't work because I'm basically moving an encrypted file to a decrypted space and them encrypting it again. If you ever want to make your files completely uncrackable, double encryption is a genius move! NOT!

Can anyone think of a way to move the files into the private folder so that the system can decrypt them the way they are supposed to? Or are my files just a lost cause at this point? I'm kinda leaning towards the latter, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the question anyway.