Tip: Browser shortcut on homescreen

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For those who don't know.

For faster access to a previously viewed webpage - place your "Internet' icon on your "Home-Screen Page" and tap once. To add an Icon on your home-screen just press the add button. Note: If the page is full then remove an icon by dragging it off the screen.

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rush , maybe im just being mindless here , but i dont understand what you mean by this?
Lol, maybe you just didn't understand - that's all.

Ok, let's say you were on a webpage... and you left and did something else, normally to get back to that page you would have to long press on the home button, and then tap on the internet icon... right? So, what I'm saying is that instead of doing that step - it would be easier to place the internet icon on your home-screen and do one tap, which would instantly take you back to the page that you were previously viewing. Got it now buddy. :)

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol, maybe you just didn't understand - that's all.

Ok, let's say you were on a website... and you left and did something else, normally to get back to that page you would have to long press on the home button, and then tap on the internet icon... right? So, what I'm saying is that instead of doing that step - it would be easier to place the internet icon on your home-screen and do one tap. :)

ok i think i know why i didnt understand, ive always had mine on the home screen so i thought thats the way it was suppose to work... good to know . thanks buddy

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay so this sounds like a good place for posting little know items like this. Hows about we keep this thread alive by adding more stuff and rush can put them in the OP.

I have one when entering your gmail address like after a hard reset you don't have to type the @gmail.com part just put in your user name them tap enter or next and it will be added automatically. This is great information for those who flash a lot of ROMs.

Later,
Dave

Edit: looks like Cory was moving this while I was typing...lol

Reactions: RUSH

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
How about a heads up about the mis-sent SMS that Android is still doing? First read about it today on BGR.com. yikes!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay so this sounds like a good place for posting little know items like this. Hows about we keep this thread alive by adding more stuff and rush can put them in the OP.
The subject should really be changed if the scope of the thread is being altered. I mean, I wouldn't look in a thread titled "Tip: Browser shortcut on homescreen" for general usage tips.

For faster access to a previously viewed webpage - place your "Internet' icon on your "Home-Screen Page"
I keep my browser shortcut in my dock (I use Launcher Pro) so it's available on any home screen.

To add an Icon on your home-screen just press the add button.
Or longpress on a blank part of the homescreen. Don't overlook the longpress! It's very useful in many situations.

Ok, let's say you were on a webpage... and you left and did something else, normally to get back to that page you would have to long press on the home button, and then tap on the internet icon... right? So, what I'm saying is that instead of doing that step - it would be easier to place the internet icon on your home-screen and do one tap, which would instantly take you back to the page that you were previously viewing.
Unless you ended up on the homescreen with the shortcut after "doing something else" it's 6 one way, a half dozen the other (two presses to achieve the same thing) as you'd have to hit home to get to the home screen.

Last edited: