How can I do a transfer of data from a Note 2 to Note 4?

A

AC Question

Transfer of data from note 2 to note 4

I have tried smart transfer, transfer from note 2 sd card to note 4 sd card. However I m unable to transfer most of my downloaded shows -just managed to transfer two. - from 32g sd card to 64g sd card. Also my apps are unable to be transferred.
please help! !!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transfer of data from note 2 to note 4

Plug one of the cards into a card reader, then into your computer. Plug the phone into the computer. Drag the files from the card they're on to the card you want them on. (Don't use a USB hub - connect to the computer directly.) If you use an Anker AR200 reader (about $9), you can just plug both cards (one with a full-size SD adapter) into the reader and plug it into the computer - you'll see both cards and the transfer will be a little faster.

To transfer apps, back them up to .api files (I use App Backup & Restore), copy the .apk files to the Note 4, tap a file to install it. (If you install App Backup and Restore first, you can just check all the archived files [the ones you copied will be in the Archived tab] and restore them with one button tap. Copy them to the Note 4's internal storage - AB&R won't use the external SD card from KitKat up unless you root the phone and change the card back to the way it was before KitKat.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon