apps keep auto updating even when i already turn off auto update on google play store

it keep auto update , it ends up i have to manully turn off the update on notification bar
    04-16-2015 08:20 PM
    Google headache #634 - you have to turn update off for each individual app. (Go to Apps/My Apps, then to each app, Menu, uncheck auto update.) (When you test a system, you don't waste a week installing 900 apps, you install 1 or 2 and it's not a big deal to turn both of them off. The project manager wasn't thinking.)
    04-16-2015 10:53 PM
    THIS is making me crazy!! I have unchecked everything imaginable, and it will STILL indiscriminately start updating Apps!! There's got to be something I'm missing! Please...HELP!
    09-06-2016 09:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? If it's a Samsung, make sure the Galaxy Apps Store also isn't set to auto-update apps.
    09-07-2016 02:01 AM
    I have a Galaxy S6. I've unchecked every "auto" option in Galaxy apps, and looked at each app individually. #frustrating
    09-07-2016 04:17 AM
    Is it every single app, or only certain apps?
    09-07-2016 10:47 PM
    Only certain ones...FB, Samsung Health, Gmail...stoopid Tinder, which I actually uninstalled all together. Got a notification tonight that 6 apps need updating. NONE of those did it automatically. But...a few days from now, and at the MOST inopportune time, they will randomly start updating again!
    09-07-2016 11:02 PM
    And just to be sure--this notification is coming from the Play Store? If you swipe down the notification panel and long-press the notification, then tap App Info, does it say Play Store?
    Lynnbit likes this.
    09-08-2016 01:42 AM
    apps keep auto updating even when i already turn off auto update on google play store

it keep auto update , it ends up i have to manully turn off the update on notification bar
    Most likely your "Galaxy Apps" settings. Go to Apps> Samsung (bundled you are looking for "Galaxy Apps")>tap the menu button (three dots)> settings>auto update apps> turn off.
    codywohlers likes this.
    11-14-2016 08:42 PM
    Thanks so much..i didn't think to look at galaxy apps as well as Google play store..this worked for me
    08-27-2017 07:42 AM
    Great Going I did not know there's another devil in there apart from Play Store - I did as suggested in the Galaxy App and hope this stops all Auto Update....
    01-30-2018 09:56 AM
    Pre-installed facebook and instagram are auto updating without permission violating my privacy. Not everybody uses facebook and I only need to stay in contact. When I stop apps from updating I don't expect an app to take up space. THIS IS MY PHONE NOT FACEBOOK. This has got to be illegal or violate some type of privacy code.
    I am now forced to root my phone because google allows facebook to violate privacy
    The only way anybody can help is to get this s**t off 'MY PHONE'
    03-22-2018 09:55 PM
    I am having the same problem on my rooted Galaxy S5.

Chrome and two other apps just updated even though auto-updates is turned off everywhere I can find:

* Play store global setting
    * Each app in play store
    * Samsung Galaxy apps store

Is there somewhere else to look?

Is there an app to control update settings from one place?
    04-19-2018 05:37 AM
    Pre-installed facebook and instagram are auto updating without permission violating my privacy.
    An app updating does not violate your privacy. If you do not sign in to those services, there is no way for them to look in to your info and such. If you do use them, there's nothing in the updates that would increase what they already see by the permissions you've granted already. Fixing a bug or changing features does not equate to a violation of privacy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-19-2018 10:59 AM
    An app updating does not violate your privacy. If you do not sign in to those services, there is no way for them to look in to your info and such. If you do use them, there's nothing in the updates that would increase what they already see by the permissions you've granted already. Fixing a bug or changing features does not equate to a violation of privacy.
    It would violate privacy because the updates have new agreements attached to them. I have two phones a Galaxy S7 Edge and a LG that is automatically updating all apps no matter if I go into every setting and turn off auto-update. My phone clearly informs me its the Google play store. I've disable Google play store and everything Google associated app but the apps continues to update. I've seen it updating after I've already disabled all Google apps, I check again and all the option to disable are once again available as if I hadn't click disable. I've screenshots these things. The only comfort I have on the matter is knowing people are experience the same thing on this forum.
    04-28-2018 02:00 PM
    As of May 25th, 2018, updating without permission will be illegal in the EU (the GDPR), and you'd expect Google to already have complied with that, but evidently not in all cases. (And I'm not having the problem on a Samsung, but on a Pixel.) Maybe I missed checking or unchecking something?All I could fine was the Autoupdate in Settings (it's set to Do not autoupdate) and none of the apps have their autoupdate boxes checked. (Or maybe Google missed something?)
    04-28-2018 04:08 PM
    It would violate privacy because the updates have new agreements attached to them.
    No, they do not necessarily have new agreements with them. If they do (meaning in the form of app permissions), then you have to manually agree to it before the update downloads. If you're referring to an EULA type of agreement, that could be changed without an app update, so that still wouldn't apply here.
    04-28-2018 07:22 PM
    I am having the same problem on my rooted Galaxy S5.

Chrome and two other apps just updated even though auto-updates is turned off everywhere I can find:

* Play store global setting
    * Each app in play store
    * Samsung Galaxy apps store

Is there somewhere else to look?

Is there an app to control update settings from one place?
    Same here, on my S7.

Facebook, Instagram and some others I don't remember keep getting auto updates....
    08-31-2018 08:55 PM
    I'm having this same issue too, on a new Samsung Galaxy J2, in Australia, September 2018.

-I have auto updates turned off in the google play store.

-I have made sure auto update is unchecked on each individual app in the google play store.

-I have turned off auto updates in the Galaxy Apps store too.

Even after all this, apps keep on automatically updating. This is very annoying because for days I've been trying to download a large game, 1.73GB in size, and every time an app automatically updates, it stops the game from downloading and the download has to start from the beginning every time.

Please help!

Google/Samsung, this is not good enough, FIX IT!
    09-17-2018 01:33 AM
    This was seriously pissing me off. I finally disabled Play Store app and the service above it in manage applications. I also turned off all permissions for app first. It worked.
    02-15-2019 03:29 PM