TouchWiz is driving me on the verge of insanity..can I please get some help?

A

AC Question

TouchWiz is driving me on the verge of insanity...

EVERY time I close my apps on the new Samsun S6 Edge the TouchWiz wants me to choose which version of it I want to use - the simple or standard. No matter how many times I choose the standard and then 'use always' it pops up the same question for me. After having chosen the standard version about 700 times now I'm considering killing it with a hammer... Is there a better option?

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: TouchWiz is driving me on the verge of insanity...

EVERY time I close my apps on the new Samsun S6 Edge the TouchWiz wants me to choose which version of it I want to use - the simple or standard. No matter how many times I choose the standard and then 'use always' it pops up the same question for me. After having chosen the standard version about 700 times now I'm considering killing it with a hammer... Is there a better option?

Then don't use touchwiz. Simple solution.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

You can look for Default Applications in Settings (I have a Note 3)

or

Applications Manager - All - Touchwiz Eazy Home - App Info screen, clear default

and Touchwiz Home, default set.

It has been annoying for a lot of people on previous TW versions, but it should settle down.

You should also have Applications Manager - Menu - Reset App Preferences, but this will give you a warning that it will enable disabled apps and reset other defaults until you set them back individually.

I used the stock Touchwiz Home launcher for a year (Touchwiz is more than a launcher) but finally started to use Nova Launcher permanently (only to add more icons on my main Homescreen), and it's very easy to switch back between Nova and Touchwiz.

d814d18c2ef4400378fff1f857a3724c.jpg

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

I use the Google Now Launcher. I like to keep things simple and light on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Last time I used Nova Prime, I found it that it lagged and was as stable as it used to be. Things might have changed since then.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I'd vote for using a 3rd party launcher. I've used Apex Pro (the paid version), Nova Prime (also the paid version), and Google Now(free). Of those 3, I find Google Now to be the fastest but with the least customization options. Next is Nova Prime - not quite as fast and smooth as Google Now, but with far more options for customization. Apex Pro offers the same level as customization as Nova Prime (slightly different options here and there, but overall the same) but not quite as fast/smooth as Apex.

Both Nova and Apex have free non-ad based versions of their launcher, but with some of the customization options blocked. They're free so it's a great way to try them out. There are other launcher's I've tried as well but these are my 3 that I'd go to.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Well if u like touch wiz there's an option to set it as default at least right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I thought they cleaned it up!
I like touch wiz I do change it around and always went back to touch wiz.
Now Google now I never tried yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk