Why am I unable to obtaining Wifi?

simplereader

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
"obtaining Wifi" prob.... no solution working :-(

Just got a Gionee V4s having andriod 4.4.2 ver
Tried connecting to home wifi - got " obtaining wifi.." problem
Tried solution... changed static ip address ( keeping other variables same) - yes mobile did connect to wifi but no data is being transferred - no site is opening. And yes other mobiles are working on the same router

inputs will be most appreciated please

regards

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: "obtaining Wifi" prob.... no solution working :-(

Get into setup on the router and try this:

On dual band routers give the 5GHz and 2.4 GHz bands different SSID names. When setting up the 5GHz band usually it's best to set the router to use a channel well over 100. Over 150 is best.

Set security encryption to WPA2/AES. Do not use WEP, WPA2/TKIP or WPA2/AES/TKIP.

When done setting up the router, if you can't connect unplug the power for 30 seconds, plug it in, give it plenty of time to reboot, like 3-4 minutes and try connecting again.

If still no go, on the phone go to: Settings > WiFi > Menu > Advanced > WiFi frequency band > select 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz instead of Automatic. The phone may be struggling with choosing one, so choose one for it.

If still no joy, since you say you did get a connection but no data transfer, it's possible, though unlikely, that you have a DNS problem. I don't expect it to make a difference if other devices are not having problems. But if you wantto be sure there's a couple of simple tests you can run.

Ping test. If you don't have one, Install a terminal app:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=jackpal.androidterm&token=-U5tTXp-

Open a terminal and type: ping -c5 74.125.224.72
That will ping google.com 5 times, stop and give the result.

If you can successfully ping Google but not go there with a browser, try this:

Test if using an IP address rather than a website name allow you to connect. For example, instead of 'google.com' use ' http://74.125.224.72/'. If it works it's a DNS problem.

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies. If still no good you can try setting Google DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 for the primary and 8.8.4.4 for the secondary.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

simplereader

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

many thanks...

i was able to solve this :
1. upgraded the phone software to and ver5 lollipop
2. then used static settings and changed the ip address
it has worked for now...

may i truoble you with a different question now:
1. After upgrade to and ver5, if we view a clicked photo in the camera app - it is shown blurry. If the same photo is viewed thro the gallery - then it is clear. Any fix for this...??
2. If no fix - then how do i change the setting to view an immediately clicked photo in the gallery instead of camera app

regards

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Glad you got your WiFi fixed!

As for your other questions...

1. Sounds like a software bug. Probably nothing you can do.

2. I have no idea. Different phones do things differently. All I can suggest is check the user manual and see if it tells how to change the default viewer.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.