Help I'm going down w/ the ship as my Verizon Note 4 auto installed Lollipop & want to stop it?

richard mogan

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I removed the battery after 15 seconds once I noticed that and then put the battery back in but that doesn't work.. Removed it again and it has sat idle for 5 hours.. I'm so afraid of Lollipop as every update for last 6yrs as ruined my phone not to mention I suffered for 3 years with a phone that Motorola/Verizon and Google never fixed any bugs.. i just got Note 4 two months ago.. I've been so careful not to update.. Verizon says its Samsung forcing it on and you will automatically have to upgrade at some point.. Sad as I don't live life in fear but only fun..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help I'm going down w/ the ship as my Verizon Note 4 auto installed Lollipop & want to stop it?

Once the update as begun, there's really no way of stopping it. And actually removing the battery mid-installation MIGHT have damaged the file system. You don't stop an installation mid-way. That's just bad.

After an update, especially one of this magnitude, it's always recommended to do a factory reset after updating. This has helped a lot of users actually.