How do I transfer music to an sd card?

A

AC Question

transfer music to an sd card

I have google play and have downloaded my music but its taking my internal storage instead of the SD card. My device is a Toshiba excite 4.2 android tablet and I can't find info about this tablet anywhere!! Saw a video on YouTube about using ROM toolbox but saw very bad warnings when I went to download it!!! Please help! I live in a small town and can't listen to country music anymore when I'm in my car!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: transfer music to an sd card

Welcome to Android Central! Are you downloading the music directly from the Google Play Music app on the tablet? If so, open the app, swipe in from the left, tap Settings, and see if you can find an option to select the SD card for downloads. This option isn't available for all devices, though, so if you don't see it, your next best option is the following:

1. Download the music to your computer from your Google Play Music library website.
2. Unmount the SD card from your tablet (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer's SD reader (using a fullsize SD adapter, very cheap to buy if you don't have one).
3. Use Windows Explorer to copy the music files to the SD card. It would be best to create a "Music" folder and copy the files there. I would also suggest organizing the music in the usual folder hierarchy of Artist>Album>Song.
4. When you're done, right click on the SD card in Windows Explorer, select Eject, remove the card, then insert the card back into the tablet.
5. Now see if Google Play Music can find the music.

You may want to swipe in from the left and turn on the Downloaded Only switch so that it doesn't try to look for the music online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2