Not finding SD Card in Application Manager?

A

AC Question

Hello. I've got a Vonino Sirius QS tablet and I've inserted an SD Card into it, but when I open the application manager and scroll left/right I see no "SD Card" tab, only USB Storage. Whenever I take out the SD Card and/or put it in the tablet gives me a notification, which means it should be recognising it but I can't find how to use it. The tutorials on the internet I've checked haven't helped because there is no SD Card tab under Application Manager which they show.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

I don't know what your device terns Applications Manager. It's Samsung's term for Settings - Apps. Did you have a Samsung also?
An sd card is usually recognised in Storage - sd card. You may need to format it and mount it the first time.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Application Manager? Are you looking for apps that you've moved to the SD? I don't think they show up under any other tab besides "installed". Then you may have to look at individual apps to see which are installed on the device or on the SD. In your App Drawer I think you can sort by "Installed on device" or "Installed on SD", but that was a phone and OS ago for me.

If you are just trying to see the SD and the data on it, you need to look at a File Manager. Tabs usually come with one but if yours doesn't ES File Manager or Astro are good alternatives. I will also say that the latest update to Android for Tabs, LP maybe, has killed data transfer to or from SD. I believe you can still read data from the card but you are no longer able to add or remove data using the device. I have no idea why they would do this but it sucks.

I'll have to look up USB Storage, I've never encountered that, especially if it refers to storage other than an SD...?

MartyTheGamer

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello I'm the asker of the question, decided to register. I said Application Manager because that's what they called it in the guides I found, it's just called Applications on my tablet. Also I am running Android Jellybean 4.2.2.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Thanks for registering.
Is it that you want to know if the card is recognised, or are you going to Applications Manager to transfer 'apps' to the card and looking for the 'sd card' column of downloaded apps that can be moved (partly).

MartyTheGamer

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to use the SD Card to store some apps, because the memory on my tablet is already full. Problem is I can only move the apps between USB Storage (which is something like an internal SD Card, not sure) and Inner Storage. Nowhere I see SD Card.

Under the Storage tab I did set it to install stuff on the SD card, but it still gives a "Not enough memory" error, even though there's 8 GB free space and the thing I'm downloading isn't that big.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out what you are seeing in the device settings.

Ultimately, if you are running out of app storage on the device, particularly one with small overall capacity - say 4 or 8gb, an sd card will only help a little.
So you won't be able to add the apps you want even with a 128gb sd card installed, sorry.
Only chunks of some apps can be moved to the sd card, the app itself will remain on the device and create links on the card to find each portion.

I can't use Storage to move apps, but I can tap on the Used Space section and get a breakdown of the space used. Samsung's have a built-in file explorer called My Files, or a good file app to download is ES File Explorer, and they can help move things around.

The standard way to move an app is to go to Settings - Apps /Applications Manager - All, tap each app you want to move for the App Info screen, and press Move to SD Card if available on that app.
Stock / built in apps cannot be moved or uninstalled usually, you can disable them and stop them adding more data.

If your device does not support moving to sd card, that would be strange. If the Move to SD Card button is greyed out, either that app is not written to be moved, or there is a problem recognising the card. See if the card is mounted and formatted by scrolling down in Storage.

See this guide:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=315804

A Samsung Galaxy N3:
c50e3a490369128b1f6fc940cba4d9cc.jpg
f2a93b84e7f346d17fbbf31be2c98804.jpg
cabe5919dcafd559dd61a800e95a9e34.jpg
864941be79743a545af383726fc5d7eb.jpg