How do I uninstall the latest Samsung software update?

A

AC Question

uninstall latest samsung software update

How do I uninstall latest software update. I hate it. Thanks

catt66

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

palomine

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Re: uninstall latest samsung software update

I agree that latest update is horrible
And i want to go back to the previous version.
All menu shortcuts are gone colours are awful! And much more complicated to use.
My S7 edge is no longer user friendly!
Someone out there help!!!
Thanx

I don't remember ever joining any thread for anything ever. And I am almost 50. But i had to join this. I HATE this update.
SAMSUNG pleeease roll-back to previous OS.
I hate the (lack of) colours. It all looks like a wash out.
My split screen used to work great. Now it sucks.

trista1372

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site

I hate the updates I can't see who calls or text me and I hate the notification bar I need a bigger print

tubesocks

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site

Dear god this update makes me want to throw my phone into a toaster and UPGRADE to a flip phone.

Belle3086

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site

I am also hating this new update. It looks like an iphone screen and if i wanted an iphone i would have bought one. Please change it back it is so unuser friendly.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Please understand that this site is not directly affiliated with Samsung or Google. Complaining here will do little to force a change to the OS Samsung deployed to your device. Your best course to lodge a complaint is to contact Samsung's customer service team and explain your frustration with the changes that were forced on you.

Trust me when I tell you that you are not alone. I have personally responded to at least 6 other threads with the same complaint. There's really little you can do without either installing a 3rd-party launcher to re-skin the OS or follow our Ambassador's guide on re-flashing an older version onto the phone (which will then result in an annoying notification to update to the new OS again, on top of being a complete wipe and reset of the device). However, while there have been quite a few posts complaining about the new OS design Samsung released (by the way, it is not representative of Nougat as released by Google, there were very few changes in the look compared to Marshmallow) there is also a thread full of folks HAPPY with the new OS.

Flashing to an older version of Android: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Posts by folks actually happy with the update: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/779481-there-any-happy-nougat-users.html

Suzysue

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Ive just upgraded my samsung galaxy s6 software and its horrendous and changed the appearance of most of my phone's screens ! SOS - How do i uninstall the upgrade software?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170331-222113.jpg
    Screenshot_20170331-222113.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 22

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Ive just upgraded my samsung galaxy s6 software and its horrendous and changed the appearance of most of my phone's screens ! SOS - How do i uninstall the upgrade software?
Welcome. :)

The link in hallux's post above yours didn't help?

Suzysue

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Well i looked at it and didn't a understand a word of the link. My phone is now in such a mess i don't dare try anything else unless it looks easy. Im almost spitting blood right now. Now i need to somehow get hold of samsung customer service. Is there a link to Samsung's customer service?

Glynnswift

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I hate this latest, gives me no benefits, gives me loads of grief, many settings vanished, everything bland so difficult to pick out what i want.
Do what users want, not what your techies want to llay about with

Glynnswift

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Not worth spiiting blood, maybe not, but for someone who based purchase on design of previous release, this is a MAJOR step back in user-friendliness. If I designed an interface so loor i would be looking to fix in my own time, emlloyer wouldn't pay to fix

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

a lot of these complaints can be resolved by simply taking some time to learn the changes to the OS and I believe you will find a solution to your issue/s.