Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

04-10-2019 08:34 PM
50 12
tools
    How do I uninstall latest software update. I hate it. Thanks
    04-21-2015 10:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! See my response in this other similar thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...lled-back.html
    trista1372 likes this.
    04-22-2015 01:52 AM
    Please I would like an answer asap.
    02-26-2017 09:56 PM
    Please I would like an answer asap.
    i aslo need this information. latest update for s7 edge is horrible
    trista1372 and Kmwheeler like this.
    02-27-2017 11:45 AM
    B. Diddy's suggestion is no good?
    02-27-2017 02:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! See my response in this other similar thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...lled-back.html
    I agree that latest update is horrible
    And i want to go back to the previous version.
    All menu shortcuts are gone colours are awful! And much more complicated to use.
    My S7 edge is no longer user friendly!
    Someone out there help!!!
    Thanx
    03-14-2017 12:46 AM
    I agree that latest update is horrible
    And i want to go back to the previous version.
    All menu shortcuts are gone colours are awful! And much more complicated to use.
    My S7 edge is no longer user friendly!
    Someone out there help!!!
    Thanx
    I don't remember ever joining any thread for anything ever. And I am almost 50. But i had to join this. I HATE this update.
    SAMSUNG pleeease roll-back to previous OS.
    I hate the (lack of) colours. It all looks like a wash out.
    My split screen used to work great. Now it sucks.
    03-28-2017 08:04 PM
    I hate the updates I can't see who calls or text me and I hate the notification bar I need a bigger print
    Hayzie roo likes this.
    03-30-2017 10:41 AM
    Dear god this update makes me want to throw my phone into a toaster and UPGRADE to a flip phone.
    03-30-2017 11:45 AM
    I am also hating this new update. It looks like an iphone screen and if i wanted an iphone i would have bought one. Please change it back it is so unuser friendly.
    recDNA likes this.
    03-31-2017 07:26 AM
    Please understand that this site is not directly affiliated with Samsung or Google. Complaining here will do little to force a change to the OS Samsung deployed to your device. Your best course to lodge a complaint is to contact Samsung's customer service team and explain your frustration with the changes that were forced on you.

Trust me when I tell you that you are not alone. I have personally responded to at least 6 other threads with the same complaint. There's really little you can do without either installing a 3rd-party launcher to re-skin the OS or follow our Ambassador's guide on re-flashing an older version onto the phone (which will then result in an annoying notification to update to the new OS again, on top of being a complete wipe and reset of the device). However, while there have been quite a few posts complaining about the new OS design Samsung released (by the way, it is not representative of Nougat as released by Google, there were very few changes in the look compared to Marshmallow) there is also a thread full of folks HAPPY with the new OS.

Flashing to an older version of Android: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html

Posts by folks actually happy with the update: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...gat-users.html
    B. Diddy and 11B1P like this.
    03-31-2017 08:40 AM
    Ive just upgraded my samsung galaxy s6 software and its horrendous and changed the appearance of most of my phone's screens ! SOS - How do i uninstall the upgrade software?
    Attached Thumbnails How do I uninstall the latest Samsung software update?-screenshot_20170331-222113.jpg  
    03-31-2017 04:25 PM
    Ive just upgraded my samsung galaxy s6 software and its horrendous and changed the appearance of most of my phone's screens ! SOS - How do i uninstall the upgrade software?
    Welcome.

The link in hallux's post above yours didn't help?
    03-31-2017 05:48 PM
    Well i looked at it and didn't a understand a word of the link. My phone is now in such a mess i don't dare try anything else unless it looks easy. Im almost spitting blood right now. Now i need to somehow get hold of samsung customer service. Is there a link to Samsung's customer service?
    03-31-2017 07:52 PM
    I hate this latest, gives me no benefits, gives me loads of grief, many settings vanished, everything bland so difficult to pick out what i want.
    Do what users want, not what your techies want to llay about with
    04-04-2017 08:59 AM
    Not worth spiiting blood, maybe not, but for someone who based purchase on design of previous release, this is a MAJOR step back in user-friendliness. If I designed an interface so loor i would be looking to fix in my own time, emlloyer wouldn't pay to fix
    04-04-2017 09:02 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was just being fickle but ut really Dies just Suck.
    04-05-2017 11:16 AM
    I hate this latest software update on my Samsung Note 5...it was much more user friendly before.
    04-08-2017 06:43 AM
    a lot of these complaints can be resolved by simply taking some time to learn the changes to the OS and I believe you will find a solution to your issue/s.
    04-08-2017 07:03 AM
    I hate the updates I can't see who calls or text me and I hate the notification bar I need a bigger print
    have you gone to Settings>Display and adjusted the screen zoom and font???
    04-08-2017 07:05 AM
    Is there an answer. This new update has [language redacted by Mod] my phone. I hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-11-2017 09:06 PM
    I doubt it. Instantly from the moment the update finished ive had apps crashing. Texting or even messenger have become an adventure. They work when they want. (Not often). Texts received or sent are duplicated numerous times. Most times they just wont send. Sometimes they say they failed but actually do go through and i get a response to them.
    04-11-2017 09:12 PM
    If I was having that many problems, I would have performed a hard reset by now.
    04-11-2017 10:07 PM
    Is there an answer. This new update has [language edited by Mod] my phone. I hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did you happen to see my post #11 in this thread? There IS a way to revert the OS but you will have to make sure you have a backup of your data as it WILL result in a wipe of the phone. That said, if you're going to make a backup of the data anyway you may as well try the suggested factory reset FIRST and if that still doesn't help with your issues then you can re-flash an older version.

You don't say what phone you have, the guide in the post mentioned is for Samsung devices.
    04-12-2017 07:48 PM
    WOW! I see all of these negative post about Nougat. Maybe some of the problems are carrier based. I have Verizon, everything went fine with the update... I am 74 yrs old & love the new OS. A lot of your issues can be fixed in the settings. I recommend going on YouTube and watching some tutorials. There are tons of them that will go over all features & settings. I love the new "blue light filter setting. Several options on when you want it on. It is great at night... easy on the eyes & makes it easier to go to sleep (doesn't stimulate the brain). One of the best features is the "always on display". Several types to pick from... with my SCREEN turned OFF it is dimly lit, only uses 1% of battery per day. I can see time, date, battery power, add a photo etc... I get notification ICONS eg: mail, message, weather etc... If you double tap a icon on the screen when it's off it opens right into the e-mail, message, etc... You don't even have to open your home screen. Split screen works great, love the new swipe left for camera settings ( more user friendly too!) When in camera just swipe up or down anyplace on the screen to instantly switch back & forth between front & back cameras. Maybe I am one of the few people that love Nougat ,and updated with no problems!
    joonas72 likes this.
    04-14-2017 03:54 PM
50 12