Why does the flashlight turn off when the phone is upside down?

A

AC Question

why does the flashlight turn off when the phone is upside down

the flashlight and video camera light turn off when upside down

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: why does the flashlight turn off when the phone is upside down

Depending on which device you have this could be happening due to GESTURES under Settings. I know on my LG G3 flipping the phone can either ignore/silence an incoming phone call or snooze or stop alarm.

Something to check into.

Minervagomez

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

the flashlight and video camera light turn off when upside down

I have a galaxy s7 and was having the same issues, I replaced the phone twice and was still encountering the same issues. My carrier finally told me to contact samsung directly. I called, explained my issue and it was resolved in a matter of a minuet!

Here is what was wrong. When I got my phone I turned on the "EASY MUTE" option with is located in the settings followed by "ADVANCED FEATURES". That is when you receive a call or the alarm goes off and want the phone to silence quickly, you simply flip the phone face down to mute it immediately. Well little did I know that this option effects the flashlight. Every time I turned on my flashlight, locked the screen and flipped it screen sided down it turned off.

I hope this helps and save you some phone time with Samsung reps. I was on the phone for a little more then a half hour before I was transfered to the right tech who helped me with just 4 simple steps!

James Amankwah

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I have a galaxy s7 and was having the same issues, I replaced the phone twice and was still encountering the same issues. My carrier finally told me to contact samsung directly. I called, explained my issue and it was resolved in a matter of a minuet!

Here is what was wrong. When I got my phone I turned on the "EASY MUTE" option with is located in the settings followed by "ADVANCED FEATURES". That is when you receive a call or the alarm goes off and want the phone to silence quickly, you simply flip the phone face down to mute it immediately. Well little did I know that this option effects the flashlight. Every time I turned on my flashlight, locked the screen and flipped it screen sided down it turned off.

I hope this helps and save you some phone time with Samsung reps. I was on the phone for a little more then a half hour before I was transfered to the right tech who helped me with just 4 simple steps!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12