Hello, I think I may have deleted some photos/videos on my phone and would like to recover them, I tried using the software Recuva but it won't recognize the phone. I have a Moto X 1st Gen.

So I tried another software program instead, which is pretty highly recommended called 7-Data Android Recovery.

I'm having the same problem with this.... i've enabled USB debugging like it asked and tried having MTP option ticked and unticked..

Nothing seems to be working

Is this something to do with the Kitkat O.S.?
    04-29-2015 07:55 PM
    I think this is the area i'm having a problem with...
    Connect Android Device to PC with USB Cable | 7-Data Recovery Software
    04-29-2015 08:02 PM
    Maybe there are something wrong with your connection, or something wrong with the software.
    you have to make sure that the physical connection is working. When your Android phone is plugged in, look for a USB icon on the row of icons at the top of the phone's screen. If you cannot find your phone, you should:

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
    Go down to Plug and Play and see if the status of it is "Started". If it isn't, right click it then select Properties.
    Set the "Startup Type" to Automatic then hit the Start button in order to start that service.
    Hit Apply > OK and then you can exit.

Sometimes outdated system will not recognize any Android device (or any USB device). And it's always a good idea to update your system.

If there is no problems with your phone and USB device, just try another software to restore deleted files, recommend you Easeus data recovery wizard. There are two progressive scanning modes: quick scan will help find deleted files, and deep scan will help find formatted, inaccessible or lost files.
    04-30-2015 02:34 AM
    I think it must just be the software as i've gone over everything you've said and as far as i'm aware, it should all be working.

There is also the possibility that Android KitKat doesn't want to play ball, whereas previous OS's might have...
    04-30-2015 07:42 PM
    Can anyone else help? I'm still having an issue with this.....
    05-18-2015 07:37 PM
    05-28-2015 06:51 PM
    This is just a follow-up message to say that I don't think i ever found a solution to this problem but nonetheless it doesn't really matter now as i no longer have that smartphone anymore (Moto X 1st Gen) so it's no longer going to be possible to restore them now anyway....

I can't even remember what photos i lost in the end..... i may have not even lost any at all...(I may have had them backed up via cloud or on my laptop) and i may have just been over worrying/overthinking it at the time.

Anyway, i'm over it now.

Thanks.
    11-06-2016 06:23 AM