Trying to restore deleted files on Android. Software not recognising phone?

SilverRocket88

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I think I may have deleted some photos/videos on my phone and would like to recover them, I tried using the software Recuva but it won't recognize the phone. I have a Moto X 1st Gen.

So I tried another software program instead, which is pretty highly recommended called 7-Data Android Recovery.

I'm having the same problem with this.... i've enabled USB debugging like it asked and tried having MTP option ticked and unticked..

Nothing seems to be working :confused:

Is this something to do with the Kitkat O.S.?

Last edited:

SilverRocket88

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I think it must just be the software as i've gone over everything you've said and as far as i'm aware, it should all be working.

There is also the possibility that Android KitKat doesn't want to play ball, whereas previous OS's might have...

SilverRocket88

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This is just a follow-up message to say that I don't think i ever found a solution to this problem but nonetheless it doesn't really matter now as i no longer have that smartphone anymore (Moto X 1st Gen) so it's no longer going to be possible to restore them now anyway....

I can't even remember what photos i lost in the end..... i may have not even lost any at all...(I may have had them backed up via cloud or on my laptop) and i may have just been over worrying/overthinking it at the time.

Anyway, i'm over it now. :D

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38