How can I keep my wifes phone on all of the time?

A

AC Question

I have an accessibility question.

My wife is totally disabled from the neck down. She can speak and OK Google will dial the call for her. My problem is that the phone closes down after about 10 minutes. I will keep it plugged in but need to know how to keep it turned on at all times. Thank you.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have an accessibility question.

My wife is totally disabled from the neck down. She can speak and OK Google will dial the call for her. My problem is that the phone closes down after about 10 minutes. I will keep it plugged in but need to know how to keep it turned on at all times. Thank you.

What phone are you using?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I am using a G4 mini, but as my wife has no phone at this time I will buy her whatever works.

You should look into a Moto X for her probably. It has an "always listening" Google Now feature that the screen doesn't have to be on. She can just say "OK Google" and the phone will process her request. I think that's the phrase. It's customizable either way in the settings.

The most recent iPhones allow this too for Siri, but the phone has to be plugged in for it to work. With the Moto X it doesn't even have to be plugged in.

Larry Haber

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Thank you very much, I will look into it. DO you know if it is unique to the Moto X or is it the operating system (lollypop)?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Thank you very much, I will look into it. DO you know if it is unique to the Moto X or is it the operating system (lollypop)?

I think it's available to phones using the Snapdragon 805 processor and above. As far as I know though, the Nexus 6 and some other Motorola phones are the only phones to activate it so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair