Keep files, apps (and settings) for a downgrade of the Samsung Galaxy S5? I'm in a bootloop :(

devnullius

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
After the upgrade to Android 5 on my Samsung Galax S5 (requested by the phone itself), I ended up in a reboot loop. Samsung store told me there's nothing they can do, except resetting the phone to factory defaults. Which is *not* an option (yes, I have no backup). They also told me that downgrading would void warranty and that they did *not* support it.

So my question here (after reading your forum's /samsung-galaxy-s5/489071-tutorial-downgrade-samsung-galaxy-s5-5-0-4-4-kitkat-6 and your forum's /ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/300296-old-version-guide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-11) is if I can downgrade but KEEP all apps (>700) and data?? If so, what should I look for? I know Odin, but what parts of an image can I safely upload to my phone and which should I stay away from? I have generic Dutch firmware according to the Samsung store...

ANY feedback GREATLY appreciated - I've missed my phone for close to two months now :/

Devvie / devnullius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol