Greenify - issues uninstalling on Android. How can I do this?

A

AC Question

Greenify - issues uninstalling on Android

I installed Greenify this morning and it's actually running in the background constantly and taking the battery life I was intending for it to save. When I go to the App list to try to uninstall it, I cannot. The button is completely greyed out and I cannot click on that or Force Stop when it is running.

I have an LG G3 with Android 5.0.1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators​, and see if Greenify is checked. If so, uncheck it, then go back and uninstall.

poeticdisaster

May 7, 2015
Visit site
re:

I had to sign up for the forum to reply but I wanted to say thank you for the answer. That did it.....

Now if I could only figure out how to get Amazon apps from opening on their own, I would be golden!

Thanks again! I really appreciate it :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re:

No problem, glad it helped! What Amazon apps are opening on their own? Do you mean their actually becoming active on the screen without you opening them, or are they just open in the background?

roaduardo1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re:

I had to sign up for the forum to reply but I wanted to say thank you for the answer. That did it.....

Now if I could only figure out how to get Amazon apps from opening on their own, I would be golden!

Thanks again! I really appreciate it :)

It's a shame it didn't work out for you. I've been using Greenify across several devices with outstanding battery results. Better luck to ya in the future.

poeticdisaster

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Re:

I completely close them and when I'm connected to my 4g or WiFi, it's turning back on basically once an hour if I have turned out off. I only figured out that it's when I'm connected today so that's helped some.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Greenify should be using so little battery that it should be off the bottom of the list. (I can't find Greenify in Battery or in GSam, it uses so little battery - and it can save a lot, if you have apps running by themselves and you don't want them to. (It's not just Amazon apps - your carrier's bloat apps will run, some Android apps you don't really need will run. Don't Greenify apps you want running by themselves like Phone [so it runs when a phone call comes in] or your email or texting apps, or a timer app. But that's about all I don't have Greenified, and it helps with time between charges.)

poeticdisaster

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Re:

I appreciate your feedback. However, I have another app that I used to shut things running in the background. This app measures how much battery life the open apps are using and greenify was using over 5% when opened in the background. Not sure why but that's what it said so I just uninstalled it.
Now my only issue is the amazon apps opening when I haven't opened it that day at all. I restarted my phone and it did not auto start but about an hour later, I checked and both the basic amazon app and the instant video app were opened on their own more than 20 minutes after the phone started. : /

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Re:

I appreciate your feedback. However, I have another app that I used to shut things running in the background. This app measures how much battery life the open apps are using and greenify was using over 5% when opened in the background. Not sure why but that's what it said so I just uninstalled it.
Now my only issue is the amazon apps opening when I haven't opened it that day at all. I restarted my phone and it did not auto start but about an hour later, I checked and both the basic amazon app and the instant video app were opened on their own more than 20 minutes after the phone started. : /

Can you please tell me the name of that app?

Posted via the Android Central App

rebeccaj

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
Re:

When I go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators​, I see that Greenify is checked. I am unable to uncheck it. When I try, I immediately get the error "Settings has stopped."

I tried rebooting my phone and trying again, but the same thing happens.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re:

It gives an error message when going into device administrator settings to uncheck it! Wtf?!?! Does anyone know of an update, fix or workaround?
Welcome. :)

I don't know why that would be. I'm able to uncheck it no problem. It may be worth emailing the developer.

Jonathan Pickens

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
They must have gotten a whiff of my wrath because I went on the playstore and gave them a tongue lashing and threatened a complaint to the Playstore. And then like magic, poof, I went back into "security, device administrator" and then lo and behold Greenify was unchecked! And then I was able to go through the normal uninstall process for apps! So try now everyone!

Bodhivata

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
Re: Greenify - issues uninstalling on Android

I followed the instructions and managed to get it OUT finally. I think this app is a complete BOGUS it doesn't do anything good to the battery life, if anything it sucked it all up !!!
Beware before installing it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie