Best way to share/sync photos between two account?

A

AC Question

Best way to share/sync photos between two accounts

My wife and I use Google Photos to share pictures between our devices. We like it because it has Auto Backup and automatically syncs pictures between our two phones, so we can each easily see the photos the other has taken in our gallery.

To make this work, though, she has had to add my Google account to her phone, which comes with a host of annoyances. Even when we turn off sync for everything but Photos, many Google apps automatically switch her over to my account. The worst is Hangouts -- because I use Google Voice, she gets all of my text messages and voicemail, and I can't find a way to stop that.

Does anybody have some advice for either:

1. A way to sync photos using Google Photos, but without my wife getting all of my messages in Hangouts?
2. A non-Google app that will give us similar functionality for photos (automatic backup and syncing)?

Thanks!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Best way to share/sync photos between two accounts

Dropbox will do what you want perfectly.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.dropbox.android&token=7t_hVeXs

I don't know what's up with her getting your messages and other strange things. But my wife and I both use Google Voice, we have each other's accounts on our phones (and a couple more) and I use Hangouts. IOW much like what you do. But we don't have the problems you do. You must be doing something different.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Try this..... Google finally allows photos backed up with the auto backup to be seen in Google Drive. Get that all set up, then each share your "Google Photos" folders with each other.

Now, you MIGHT be able to then set the main Google Photos app to then show pictures in your Google Drive account. But I am not sure if that includes shared folders as well. If it does, then you should be able to see your wife's photos, and vice versa, in the Google Photos app as soon as they are backed up to the cloud.

rosenberg.jeff

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, that's frustrating, I wonder what I could be doing wrong. We set my wife up with both her and my Google accounts, then change the sync options to only sync Photos and App Data, since she uses a few apps I purchased from the Play store. Is it possible that the App Data sync is the issue?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

No, it's not app sync. And it sounds like you set sync properly. Pretty strange. I wish I could help but I can't think what it could be.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Go into the Google Photos app and check its settings. There are a bunch of options in there.

Bi Studio

May 11, 2015
Visit site

I use google drive to share my things with other people, I find it very convenient and fast, but I do not know if that's what you are looking for you, try it

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

change the settings in Google Photos and everhthing went great.

Great to hear...

The Google Photos auto-backup is one of the best features available, yet it is often overlooked.... some people bristle at the thought of being forced to use Google+... but in reality, it only buried Google Photos inside Google+ and doesn't require you to use G+ in any way shape or form (and that's even changing).

With the integration with Google Drive, it's even better. It is an incredible service.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463