01-11-2021 02:43 PM
27 12
tools
    i accidentally deleted the phone icon, the icon that looks like a old school phone handle. i don't know how i did it, but its my husbands phone and he is going to kill me. he can answer incoming calls, just can't make outgoing calls. thanks!!!
    Emma Barnes1 likes this.
    05-08-2015 03:36 AM
    What phone is it? Samsung? It is easy to fix whatever phone it is. Do not worry
    If it is Samsung just hit the apps icon and locate the phone icon. Press and hold it and it will allow you to place it on the screen again. Hope this helps.
    Ladawna Maccarron likes this.
    05-08-2015 04:14 AM
    i accidentally deleted the phone icon, the icon that looks like a old school phone handle. i don't know how i did it, but its my husbands phone and he is going to kill me. he can answer incoming calls, just can't make outgoing calls. thanks!!!
    I can't believe I somehow deletedy phone icon to call out on....But I did, & I need help!!! NOW!!! PLEASE

I'm about to SCREAM IF I DON'T GET A REPLY!!!!! JUST HELP ME....PLEASE
    05-10-2016 06:16 PM
    Did Johnny's response help any?
    05-11-2016 03:42 PM
    How do I get my phone icon back
    10-13-2016 06:32 PM
    How do I get my phone icon back
    Post #2 in this thread has the answer for most if not all phones, not just Samsung. Did you try that tip?
    10-13-2016 07:59 PM
    How do I get my phone icon back on my screen
    03-09-2017 12:14 PM
    I can't believe I somehow deletedy phone icon to call out on....But I did, & I need help!!! NOW!!! PLEASE
    I can't get it back
    04-08-2017 04:08 PM
    I don't know that we have any more answers than those given, or indeed, whether there ARE any more answers.
    04-09-2017 05:53 PM
    I've got a L G stylo 3 i accdentley took my phone icon off how can i get it back on my screen to make calls
    02-05-2018 06:19 PM
    I've got a L G stylo 3 i accdentley took my phone icon off how can i get it back on my screen to make calls
    Post #2 above has directions that apply to most devices. Locate the phone icon in the main apps list, long-press it to then drag it to where you want on your home screen.
    02-06-2018 05:42 AM
    Put phone icon back on home screen so I can make a call
    02-08-2018 07:06 PM
    @Linda Fisher1 Did you read the rest of the thread, we gave suggestions several times as to how to accomplish this.
    02-08-2018 07:18 PM
    Unsure if it was already stated but...Hold Home Screen -> Home Screen Settings -> Hide Apps...it may have been clicked in here and hidden
    05-16-2018 02:32 AM
    I have a L G Charger help phone icon gone help get back Please.
    05-18-2018 04:35 PM
    I have a L G Charger help phone icon gone help get back Please.
    There is at least one post above that explains the process...
    05-18-2018 06:58 PM
    I need my phone app back on my screen please what need to be done
    08-02-2018 07:27 AM
    It's an serious issue, go to your nearest service center.
    It's not a serious issue. The Phone shortcut icon was probably deleted by accident from the homescreen. Simply create a new shortcut, as described previously in this thread.
    08-05-2018 10:54 AM
    That post #2 ppl keep shouting about is not ******* helpful. It says straight away that it's for Samsung, which would make non-Samsung users assume it doesn't apply to them. Also, these might be less than tech savvy ppl, so how about some real step-by-step instructions? My mother-in-law had this problem on her Stylo and this thread was useless. She wasn't sure how to open up the Apps section, it didn't have the steps listed, and yet a bunch ppl who apparently came on here just to be [language redacted by Mod] were telling ppl to read that goddamn second post. Sure, some folks post without reading first, but I also recognize that maybe some are just feeling desperate and/or are in a hurry and don't have much time to post and just want a helpful solution. If you wanna take the time to help ppl, actually HELP them, with some clearly defined steps for them to take.
    11-09-2019 05:01 PM
    Please be conscious of the language you use on these forums, thanks.

Part of the issue here is that it's always helpful to know which device we're dealing with. Different manufacturers may have different homescreen interfaces, and what works on one phone doesn't necessarily work on another. For example, some phones have a homescreen launcher that doesn't have an App Drawer (because they want to be like iOS), meaning that every single app icon is on the homescreen. So in that situation, you'd have to slog through every homescreen (and every folder on those homescreens) to find the icon.

On most phones, though, you open the App Drawer and look there. Opening the App Drawer also can depend on the launcher that the phone is using, as well as the Android version the phone is running. Traditionally, you tap the App Drawer icon, which looks like a circle or square with a grid of dots inside it, located somewhere on the bottom row of icons. But with newer Android versions that are more gesture based, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to the App Drawer.

Once you've found the icon, long-press it until it allows you to move it, then drag and drop it back to the homescreen.
    Laura Knotek and ManiacJoe like this.
    11-09-2019 09:44 PM
    @Darlene Vile Placing icons on the homescreen is also covered in the excellent guide stickied in this same forum section, and it explains the exact same process as post #2...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...16-nougat.html
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-10-2019 12:38 PM
    Hi everyone
    My problem that after Factory Reset I couldn't find the phone icon anywhere even in apps list
    01-10-2021 05:45 AM
    Hi everyone
    My problem that after Factory Reset I couldn't find the phone icon anywhere even in apps list
    Hi, welcome to AC!

Which phone you have?
    01-10-2021 12:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is there a reason you did a factory reset? Was it malfunctioning beforehand?
    01-10-2021 02:35 PM
    Samsung

It was working fine until this malware kept attacking whatever I did to remove it, so I resorted to factory reset
    01-11-2021 02:35 AM
27 12