Ok I just got the HTC One M9, love it but for some reason it will not let me add my College email.

My college lets Gmail handle its emailing, if i were to go to the website and log in, it'll actually pull up gmail, it'll even have google logged under my college name, but if I were to to go to accounts&sync or gmail app on my M9 it'll just redirect me to my college's Moodle website, if i log into that website then it brings up a "mobile" style gmail website.

I've done it before, on my M7 I had my college account added to "accounts&sync" and all i did was add the user name and password, it never redirected me.

Well, now i'm missing out on alot of important emails, and all of my professors numbers, emails and my classmates were saved under that google account. I'm basically stuck using both phones, my M7 for emails when i'm away from the computer and my M9 for everything else.
    05-08-2015 04:12 PM
    You aren't very clear about some things.

Do you setup the account same as a regular Gmail account? If so basic setup should be automatic.

If not, do you set it up as an IMAP account?

Do you have the server settings, etc to manually setup the account?

How is it setup on the M7?

Is there an IT guy at your school that can help?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    05-08-2015 05:43 PM
    You aren't very clear about some things.

Do you setup the account same as a regular Gmail account? If so basic setup should be automatic.

If not, do you set it up as an IMAP account?

Do you have the server settings, etc to manually setup the account?

How is it setup on the M7?

Is there an IT guy at your school that can help?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Okay, on the M7 the account is setup through google accounts. Settings>accounts&sync> google.
    It is a full fledge google account, i can get apps, and have a google calender all through my schools email address. but if i try the same thing on my M9 then it just pulls up the moodle website.

Manual setup would only resolve the emails not the entire account.
    05-08-2015 11:05 PM