I have My Talking Tom app installed on my Dell Venue 8 tablet. It works fine, but since the most recent update, I'm unable to update the app to the most recent version. I can still open the app and it works properly, but I just can't update it. When the app asks me to update it, it says "Your Device isn't Compatible With This Version." Also, when I search "My Talking Tom" on the Google Play app store main page, the "My Talking Tom" icon is missing. If I were to uninstall the app, then I won't be able to re-install it. Also, I had e-mailed Outfit 7 about my problem, but got no response.

I have a Dell Venue 8 3830 (model #). The Android version is 4.4.2. My tablet system is up to date. Is it a Dell problem or a Google Play problem?

Also, do I need to update my Venue 8 to lollipop. The forum below suggest that the 3830 model isn't updating to the lastest Android version.
    Venue and Android 5.0 Lollipop - Android Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Thanks.

Google Play - Your Device isn't Compatible with this version. What?-image1a.jpgGoogle Play - Your Device isn't Compatible with this version. What?-image3a.jpgGoogle Play - Your Device isn't Compatible with this version. What?-image2a.jpg
    05-10-2015 03:58 PM
    I have My Talking Tom app installed on my Dell Venue 8 tablet. It works fine, but since the most recent update, I'm unable to update the app to the most recent version. I can still open the app and it works properly, but I just can't update it. When the app asks me to update it, it says "Your Device isn't Compatible With This Version." Also, when I search "My Talking Tom" on the Google Play app store main page, the "My Talking Tom" icon is missing. If I were to uninstall the app, then I won't be able to re-install it. Also, I had e-mailed Outfit 7 about my problem, but got no response.

I have a Dell Venue 8 3830 (model #). The Android version is 4.4.2. My tablet system is up to date. Is it a Dell problem or a Google Play problem?

Also, do I need to update my Venue 8 to lollipop. The forum below suggest that the 3830 model isn't updating to the lastest Android version.
    Venue and Android 5.0 Lollipop - Android Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1a.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	176018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image3a.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	176019Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2a.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	176020
    Is it rooted?
    05-10-2015 04:09 PM
    I don't think so. Where do I go to determine whether or not my tablet is rooted?

On a unrelated note, how do i reduce the size of the attached photos.
    05-10-2015 04:23 PM