What phone should a shutterbug get?

Maxwell Zwe

May 12, 2015
Visit site
A phone for a shutterbug.

Hi, everyone!

A little bit of myself: I'm currently using a Lumia 1020 (a Windows Phone), but err... seeing how I have been missing most of the apps on other platforms, and compatibility; most of the people back in Burma use Android - like 95% of the smartphone market share - so it's quite problematic without one whenever I went back. Basically, I need an Android to enjoy more apps and the customization. :)

So, may I know what phone will you guys recommend? I would like something with a good camera (doesn't have to be DSLR quality, but closer the better); 1080p video recording is fine, I don't need 4K.

Thanks in advance. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: A phone for a shutterbug.

Hi, everyone!

A little bit of myself: I'm currently using a Lumia 1020 (a Windows Phone), but err... seeing how I have been missing most of the apps on other platforms, and compatibility; most of the people back in Burma use Android - like 95% of the smartphone market share - so it's quite problematic without one whenever I went back. Basically, I need an Android to enjoy more apps and the customization. :)

So, may I know what phone will you guys recommend? I would like something with a good camera (doesn't have to be DSLR quality, but closer the better); 1080p video recording is fine, I don't need 4K.

Thanks in advance. :)

Welcome to the forums. Do you have a budget limitation?

Maxwell Zwe

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Hi, thank you. :) Hmm, no limitation so far. I think the 2-yr contract for my phone is nearly over, so I might be able to upgrade with a discount.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Note series.
I am going from a note 2 to a turbo to try something different, but being a part time pro photographer, the s-pen and larger screen helps with editing photos, etc. The cameras on the notes are top notch, second only to Nokia and Apple IMHO.

BTW welcome to Android Central.

Maxwell Zwe

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Ooh, I see. Haha, thanks for the welcome, and sorry for the late reply. :) Hmm, yes. The S Pen is also rather nice.