Is Trading my HTC M9 for a Note 4 Good or Bad?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is Trading my HTC M9 for a Note 4 Good or Bad

I don't have a Note 4, but still want to trade up to it from my Note 3. I have considered the S6, but if I can get a great deal on the Note 4 when I can buy next monrh it seems the one for me.
The Note 4 is 6 months old, but it's still tops for me, even if it's missing the latest cutting edge SoC / processor it's a big leap from my Note 3 and I have been happy with that.

I only want to try and glean how the Lollipop upgrade went for most people. I think some are unhappy with the changes. I would expect to buy with Lollipop pre-installed on a carrier free model.

The only other phone I would consider is the M9, (same size as the S6 and Sense is smooth apparently) but at the current money it's not attractive enough.

Ooh - I forgot the LG G4, I would put that on the same level as the Note 4, I was never big on the pen, but I would like some user feedback and a good price.

If you say why you are ditching the M9 you may get more responses. I know it has weak points, camera etc, and not much different to an M8.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Oh, you meant a straight trade. Dunno. How old is the Note 4, what carrier, then check for issues with the Android update on that version. Ask in the Note 4 forum

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Is a new, sealed M9 worth a straight swap for a new, sealed Note 4 even though the M9 is newer - I would say yes.

To trade a newish M9 for an unseen Note 4 upgraded to Android 5.0 I would say no because there are too many variables - but that's just my opinion.

If you're heart is set on a Note 4, I would try to get as much as I could for my M9 and get a sealed or carrier new Note 4 at the best price possible. New on ebay is how I got my Note 3.

The Note 4 seller may be decent, but frustrated with issues caused by the upgrade.

But then it may work out fine. I haven't compared the market values of both but that's not really an issue.

I hope you can get more advice here before you have to decide.

BTW - Obviously make sure you are getting precisely the correct version for you. Most if not all Note 4's will have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, except perhaps Eastern versions could have an Exynos processor as was the case with the Note 3 (Snapdragon 800 v Exynos 8 core with 3G).

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey