I found out that an app for remote control of my raymarine navigation does noet work with my lifetab 4.2 android an works with Samsung galaxy tab 10 4.4 android. Therefore I want to upgrade my lifetab to 4.4 How can I do that?
    05-14-2015 08:53 AM
    Welcome.

If the manufacturer has made the update available for he device, you should be able to go into settings > about device > system update and tap check for updates. This will poll the update servers and pull down the update, if available. If the manufacturer didn't publish an update, you'll need to take the risk of flashing a custom ROM to get a newer OS. I suggest researching that thoroughly and deciding if it's worth it to take the risk. If you do, follow every step to the letter, the people that have put the ROMs together (if you find one) know it best.
    05-14-2015 09:07 AM
    Thanks. I would be interested in getting a newer OS. A new update was announced june last year, but the device says there is none. It howver does not work with the Raymarine remote control. And I primarely want to use it for that actually. Would love a good link to upgrade it hence. Any advise in that. Thanks for your support.
    05-14-2015 09:30 AM
    Today the firm acknoledged that there is no upgrade to 4.4 So where do I find something that will do the trick?
    05-15-2015 09:44 AM
    If you want something that officially gets KitKat, you're looking for a new device.

You can explore flashing a ROM but I can't help you with that. As for where to start looking for one? I'd start with Google, your search term should include your device make and model, KitKat and ROM. The folks over at XDA are pretty sharp, but there's also no assurance that a non-factory image would provide the support you need. Once you start dealing with flashing, your support will come from the ROM developer as they will know it best. You should tread carefully, it is possible to end up with an inoperable device if you do something wrong (including choosing a ROM from a similar but not the same model).
    05-15-2015 05:56 PM