Encryption and CustomRecovery

Sparrow77

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I am finding Alot of conflicting comments about full device encryption and custom recoveries. Outaded by a significant amount of time as well. So here is the question and specs:

LG Tribute (I find little on this awesome droid which frustrates me to no end-.-)
Android 4.4.2

I rooted it and have installed TWRP custom recovery. I made a full backup as soon as I did this. I then decided to play with the Full Encryption. I activated it, seemed too run fine. Bad part is the same pin/pass for unlock screen. I decided to remove it, took about five minutes. No adverse reaction. That's the good news. I wanted to know if I will run into issues if it's encrypted and I attempt to use my custom recovery. I haven't booted into recovery yet after I encrypted it, too chicken lol. Was hoping someone else already did that. At the moment, encryption is off until I get solid UPDATED answers from people far more knowledgeable than I about this subject. I am relatively new to all this. Previous droid was Optimus Elite, then the Optimus V before that, both rooted and custom roms with recovery.
So, I have been doing research myself, but as I stated before, I get conflicting answers, it's outdated by MONTHS, or most Aggravating, not my phone lol. Can anyone shed light on this for me please?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech