During text messaging, android attempts to guess what word you want and you can hit one of the three suggestion. However, many times I am typing and while I am JUST about to hit one more character I notice that one of the suggestions are correct. I mentally make a note of where that word is but I am already ready to quickly press the next letter so I do. Most of the time, I then, without thinking to much direct a finger to the position where the correct word was but most of the time it has moved to one of the other positions after that one additional key press. You must then quickly scan all three words, with hesitation, find that correct word, usually in one of the other two positions. That tends to make me ignore the suggested words because of the need to rethink about all three words presented. It's a small thing, but I feel that once a word is presented as a suggestion, it should remain in that original position.
    05-15-2015 06:25 PM
    I guess that adding the extra letter changes the probabilities.

Or if you prefer my original:

I guess that adding the extra letter chanfes the pribabilities.

Posted via the Android Central App
    srkmagnus likes this.
    05-15-2015 06:51 PM
    I imagine the words are presented in the order of likelihood that it's what you're looking for. You could always turn off the suggestions (the Google keyboard allows it) so you're not tempted.
    05-15-2015 07:01 PM
    There are third-party keyboards you can use which offer different methods of predictions/suggestions. I'm using Fleksy, but have previously used Swiftkey and both are really good.
    05-15-2015 07:08 PM