(Lte commando)
    I wish to view system and app files, make sure i don't have viruses, delete unwanted stuff, make sure anything i install is on the up and up, etc.
    I couldn't figure how to view folders the correct/stock way.
    So i downloaded a third party app, but when i navigate ES it doesn't seem to be able to find system and app stuff.
    05-15-2015 08:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You need to be rooted in order to browse system files. Once you root the phone, you should be able to use ES File Explorer to browse. Be careful about deleting any files or apps, though--if you don't know exactly what you're doing, you could brick the device.
    05-16-2015 01:40 AM
    I use ES File Browser. But like the previous commenter, you must be Rooted and take care in what you do. You can turn your handset into a $300 paper weight
    05-16-2015 05:51 PM
    I've looked around but all i've found are instructions that boil down to install/run x apps and phone is rooted. Do either of you (or anyone else) know where to find actual rooting instuctions?

Now i habe a terrible time understanding other humans so please excuse me if this is a stupid question. Isn't requiring people to literally hack their phones to ensure stuff remains on the up and up a massive design flaw?
    05-23-2015 11:02 PM
    It's done that way because there are stupid people that if allowed to dork with system files would brick their device.
    05-24-2015 11:40 AM
    For some reason making a device harder to moniter and use seems like it qould cause more problems not less.
    Although i am talking about the species where someone can order hot coffee spill the coffee on themselves by drinking and driving and the resturtant somehow is the one in trouble. So i may be expecting to much.
    06-01-2015 10:51 PM