Why aren't my APKs installing?

tonyton

May 16, 2015
Visit site
My APKs are not installing.

I recently bought an Alcatel One Touch Pop 2 (4) and I was pretty happy with it. It had the 5.0 installed, great interface great design. That was until I encountered a problem.

My .APK files won't install.
It does the process up to the point where it should say Application installed, but it actually doesn't, it says "App not installed".
This is a really huge problem because I don't have Google Play installed and the default Alcatel App Center won't start.

I have seen a lot of replies on several forums but none that matches my problem.
Any relpy would be appreciated.
Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My APKs are not installing.

Welcome to Android Central! I'm sure you've done this already, but someone is bound to ask--you have "Unknown Sources" checked on, right?

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTexPatWaUQ

tonyton

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Yes I have 'unknown sources' checked otherwise it would have blocked the installation in the very beggining. I tried wiping the cache as well as doing a full factory reset but still the same problem.
What do you suggest I do?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is this with any apk file? Are you not even able to install the Amazon Appstore apk, for example?

tonyton

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Yes, this occurs with every apk file that I try to install. Tried about 8 different apks still the same problem. Just tried the Amazon Store but it doesn't work. Still keeps saying "app not installed". At first I thought this was some sort of lollipop feature, that you couldn't install apps from sources other than playstore, but I found out that was not true.
What do you think I should do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Strange. Go to Settings>Device Administrator. Is anything else checked there besides Android Device Manager? Just wondering if your phone came with some kind of security app that might be blocking apks.

tonyton

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Correction: I did find 'device administrator' under security but it says "no available device administrator". My tablet that's running jellybean has the same " no available device administrator" message but installs apks just fine.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did you buy the phone brand new? Can you exchange it, or return it for a refund? It seems like it's faulty, especially if the Alcatel App Center (which is presumably the main app store they expect you to use) won't open.

tonyton

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Is there a way I can flash a custom rom or maybe install stock android on it? I'm pretty sure that would solve the problem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not good with that kind of thing, sorry. XDA is a decent place to search for those kinds of solutions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63