How do I get rid of this malware without doing a factory reset?

SerErric

May 17, 2015
Visit site
So I was being pretty stupid and tried to get a phone booster. I put the apk PhoneBooster onto my phone. Its little widget or symbol, or whatever you call it shows a red Android dude.Turns out it is a Trojan virus. I have a malware app that tells me it is a virus. It redirects, and opens up tabs on my browser, it opens pop up ads upon unlock, and it open ups apps in the store (DU booster, Clash of Kings, Clash of Clans, act.). It set itself up as a device admin, but when I go to the admin settings it does not show. Even with that when I click on an admin it opens up a new tap that is just the previous settings screen. It won't even let me change my admins. It's getting really irritating, and I don't know what to do.

Sparrow77

May 15, 2015
Visit site
That doesnt sound good. Especially with it as Dev. Admin. If you cant see it there, are you sure its a dev admin? I would just factory reset, easiest way. If not, try searching for a trusted antivirus apk file and putting it on the same way you did that file. Maybe take out sd, put in pc, put on a trusted anti virus like avg, avast, etc, then put it back in phone and try to install and run. Id say just bite the bullet and factory reinstall. You know better now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma