I only want to sync one or two Dropbox files to my smartphone, but all files to my PC. I have a small SD card in my smartphone that will not accommodate all 7GB of files in our company Dropbox, and in fact I don't need 99% of them on my phone. There is a company directory that we keep in Dropbox and often update, that would be handy to have on my smartphone, and maybe one or two other files. But if I download the app and sync, won't I automatically get ALL files in our Dropbox? I don't want to change the properties of this company directory because several employees have shortcuts to in on the desktop of their PCs.

Are there any Dropbox users out there who might have some insight?
    05-18-2015 04:02 PM
    I only want to sync one or two Dropbox files to my smartphone, but all files to my PC. I have a small SD card in my smartphone that will not accommodate all 7GB of files in our company Dropbox, and in fact I don't need 99% of them on my phone. There is a company directory that we keep in Dropbox and often update, that would be handy to have on my smartphone, and maybe one or two other files. But if I download the app and sync, won't I automatically get ALL files in our Dropbox? I don't want to change the properties of this company directory because several employees have shortcuts to in on the desktop of their PCs.

Are there any Dropbox users out there who might have some insight?
    All you need to do is open the Dropbox App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en) and view the file you want then download it. When you open the app not all files will be downloaded; only the one(s) you choose to download will be stored locally on the device.

There will be no change to the other users except for when you make edits and/or upload new files. Hopefully this is the information you were looking for. If not, let us know and we'll try to help further.
    05-18-2015 04:47 PM