How can I change the text format to Reply & New Message to HTML from plain text?

A

AC Question

Change text format to Reply & New Message to HTML from plain text

We have new signature strips in our company using images for our social media icons and our company logo - looks really good.

We have several mobile and on site engineers that all have android or iphone/pad devices that they email us from.

We have noticed that when one of our engineers replies to one of our emailed off of his samsung device it will attach all the small icons and our company logo which is becoming a pain for us. It happens with none of our other engineers just this one so I'm going on the assumption that he is replying in plain text? If I'm right how to I change his device to reply with HTML or rich text?

If I'm not right can someone help me?

It's an issue as he is an engineer that send us regular photos of the builds we're doing and they're not getting missed as we're assuming they are the standard icons attaching their-selves to the email.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Change text format to Reply & New Message to HTML from plain text

Make sure he isn't manually attaching the pictures (they're downloaded when he goes to your site), and that he's not using some strange email app that's causing the problem.

If he's replying to an email that has HTML on it, the HTML will normally be copied as part of the message he's replying to, unless you've designed your email system with a proper tear strip - and his email app respects tear strips. Signatures aren't supposed to be included in replies, but the signature has to identify itself as such, and the email program has to respect the identification.