if i can use rootexplorer, am i still rooted?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ok long story short, i traded my droid x for a samsung fascinate and i love it. however, my marketplace hasn't worked since i got it. "server error, please try again and return to previous screen". i have tried everything from factory data reset to creating a new google account, and clearing cashe in market. nohting works. something i just noticed though is that when i go into my applications folder, my market version is 1714, and market updater is version 1000. ( exactly like that, no decimals ) so someone told me to check and see if the phone is still rooted by downloading rootexplorer. since i cant use my marketplace, i downloaded it from 4shared.com and it works perfectly. i am able to go in and delete files and rename them if i want... so that tells me i am still rooted right? so heres what i tried, to fix it. i renamed the vending.apk file (which is the market) to vending.apk.old, and downloaded the latest version of the market here ( com.android.vending_2.2.6.apk ) then copied it to my system/app folder. still nothing. so how do fix this? or how do i get out of this root, if i am still in it? i just want the phone back to factory stock so i know what has been done to it.... thanks for any help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781