What's the easiest way to transfer contacts from iOS?

MDak280

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I am switching from an iPhone 5S. Before that I had a Nokia Lumia 925. When I switched from my Lumia 925 to my iPhone 5S, transferring my contacts was easy enough. I just added my outlook account to my iPhone. Will transferring my contacts from my iPhone to my Galaxy S6 be as simple? If not, what is the easiest way?

Thank you!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
This is the basic steps to export contacts as a .vcf file, import them to Google (aka Gmail) contacts and then send them to another device. It's not difficult.

1. Open the iPhone contacts app and tap Menu.

2. Select Import/export and export your contacts as a .vcf file.

3. Transfer the .vcf file to a computer or cloud storage for upload to Google. Or, upload can be done directly from the phone with a browser.

4. Log into your Google (Gmail) account and open Contacts. If you are uploading directly from the phone with a browser, you will need to switch to the desktop version of the Contacts webpage. You cannot use the mobile version.

5. In Gmail Contacts, click on More. In the drop-down list select Import.

6. In the next box select Browse. Navigate to the exported .vcf file and select it. Click on Import.

7. Once your Google account is added to the S6 just enable synchronization of contacts and you're done. Should be enabled by default in Settings > Accounts > Google > Tap on account > Set sync options.

Be sure that when you add new contacts they are always saved to your Google account.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC