My phone ringtones missing. Unknown ringtone for phone,notification and alarm. How can I get them back?

A

AC Question

My phone ringtones missing. Unknown ringtone for phone,notification and alarm.

I purchased Yureka, month back. Due to heating and battery drainage problem, i had stopped mediaserver/media storage. Rebooted. Since that, I cannot set ringtone. No rigntones observed. On SIM1, unknown ringtone noticed. Since that, many times I am unable to notice the phone is ringing and unable to reply.
Need help.
Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone ringtones missing. Unknown ringtone for phone,notification and alarm.

Welcome to Android Central! Did you only Force Stop Mediaserver, or did you Disable it somehow? Since Mediaserver is probably necessary to access sound files for ringtones, disabling it would cause problems with this.

Let's back up a bit. The phone was overheating and draining battery--was it due to Mediaserver? If so, it's possible you have a corrupt media file on your microSD card, which the system's Media Scanner can get stuck on--that increases CPU usage, heat, and battery drain. Try Unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing the card, and rebooting. Make sure Mediaserver is enabled as well.

Insert the card into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer