I purchased Yureka, month back. Due to heating and battery drainage problem, i had stopped mediaserver/media storage. Rebooted. Since that, I cannot set ringtone. No rigntones observed. On SIM1, unknown ringtone noticed. Since that, many times I am unable to notice the phone is ringing and unable to reply.
    Need help.
    Thanks,
    05-23-2015 02:02 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you only Force Stop Mediaserver, or did you Disable it somehow? Since Mediaserver is probably necessary to access sound files for ringtones, disabling it would cause problems with this.

Let's back up a bit. The phone was overheating and draining battery--was it due to Mediaserver? If so, it's possible you have a corrupt media file on your microSD card, which the system's Media Scanner can get stuck on--that increases CPU usage, heat, and battery drain. Try Unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing the card, and rebooting. Make sure Mediaserver is enabled as well.

Insert the card into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    05-23-2015 05:04 PM