I have just bought a new SD card for Samsung S4. I have transferred photos, downloaded pics and music to the SD. I have started to delete the above mentioned from "my device" and find that what I had transferred to the SD card has also been deleted. How does this work?
    05-23-2015 03:49 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you deleting the photos? If you're deleting them using the Gallery app, it will delete the photos wherever they may be saved, be it Internal Storage or SD. If you're deleting using a file manager app, it should only be deleting from the specific directory that you picked--but does this mean you have two copies of the photos, one on Internal Storage and one on the microSD?
    05-23-2015 04:54 PM
    Hi thanks for that
    05-25-2015 10:32 AM
    Hi,

I have all of my pictures and videos setup to save to my SD card. But when I delete any picture or video from "my files" it also deletes them from the "gallery".

Thanks!
    10-21-2015 11:36 AM
    Hi i'm having the same problem as as geordigirl except I'm deleting it from files Manager and it still deletes from my sd card please help
    10-18-2017 05:42 PM
    Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?

When you delete the file using File Manager, which folder are you looking at?
    Is that folder on the SD card or the internal storage?
    10-21-2017 07:15 PM
    I am having this same problem on my Galaxy Tab S2. When I use the move option in files manager to place documents on my sd card they appear both on my device and on my SD card. If I then delete the file from my device, it is also deleted from my SD card. The same think happens if I copy the file to the SD card and then try to delete it from the device.
    Shahid Faruk1 likes this.
    12-13-2017 11:14 AM
    If all else fails, copy your files over. Pull the sd card out and put it in another device or computer to verify the files are there. With the card still out of the phone, delete the files via the phone gallery app or file manager. This way it's physically impossible for it to also delete files from the sd card even if there is a glitch causing both copies to be deleted.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    12-13-2017 11:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you deleting the photos? If you're deleting them using the Gallery app, it will delete the photos wherever they may be saved, be it Internal Storage or SD. If you're deleting using a file manager app, it should only be deleting from the specific directory that you picked--but does this mean you have two copies of the photos, one on Internal Storage and one on the microSD?
    You won't get them in internal storage either. They are still being deleted from internal and sd storage as well. What you get when the manager is opened up is the images map etc. Internal storage with dcim camera map doesn't contain any images. Therefore the only option which remains is to delete images from the picture map which automatically deletes all images saved on sd as well. Actually the device stores images on both storages and deletes from both. So dumb.
    02-14-2018 01:35 PM