My tablet has died it will do nothing
    I have tried everything that it says to try on the internet and went to pc world today but I dont want to lose the data on there so cannot let it be sent away to be fixed, is there any possible way to make it turn on without losing the data. I thought it might be the battery but the guy said even if the battery is broken it should switch on when plugged into the mains is he correct ?
    he said it must be the motherboard.
    any ideas ?
    thank you very much
    05-26-2015 01:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If it's not the battery, then the remaining possibilities include the motherboard or the Power button. So ask the technician if he can tell if the Power button is working correctly. If the problem is with the motherboard, then your data will unfortunately be lost--hopefully you were backing it up or syncing it on a regular basis. One should never assume that their mobile devices are fail-safe methods of storing important data, because mobile devices or mobile storage can fail without warning. Sorry!
    05-26-2015 03:21 PM
    If it's the motherboard, your data is already lost - that's where your data is.

As for starting with no battery, make sure the output of the mains supply is at least 2 Amps (or borrow one that is). A 1 Amp supply may not be enough to run the tablet with no battery. (And if you regularly run the battery down as far s you can, it can be stone cold dead in 6 months. 40% is bout the lowest you should ever let a lithium battery go, unless you're calling for an ambulance to save someone's life. Dropping lower once in a great while won't shorten the life much, but doing it regularly kills it fast. (It's not that they make cheap batteries, it's the nature of the chemistry in the battery. Lead acid batteries can be drained almost completely - but do you really want to carry a 10 pound battery around to power your phone?)
    05-29-2015 05:27 PM