Why can't I install any apps or APKs on my rooted Lava Iris 405?

Jasmeet Minocha

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I can't install any app or APKs on my rooted lava iris 405

I have a rooted lava iris 405..but i had to factory reset it..after factory reset i can not install any apk's or even apps from the play store as everytime it shows 'APP CANNOT BE INSTALLED'..I can not even install a file explorer..Is something wrong because Of the superuser app or is it something else..plz help as i don't want a phone which doesn't have any apps

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't install any app or APKs on my rooted lava iris 405

Superuser just keeps track of which apps can use su (which is what rooting is - running su so the app gets root access). Since installing an app doesn't require root, the installer doesn't run su, so Superuser isn't called, so it has nothing to do with it.

If the message is "App can not be installed in the default location", check to make sure that you have at least 300MB of free app storage space. Android uses some of that space, and won't let you use so much of it that Android doesn't have enough left to use. Since the device has only 4GB of total space, you can't install very many apps. It was barely large enough for minimal use 18 months ago, it's not large enough to load with apps now. (Apps tend to get larger as more functions are added, and as "developers" get more sloppy. 4GB used to be tons of space - back in 2011. Today that's considered a device that should be retired and kept as a spare emergency phone.)

Jasmeet Minocha

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: I can't install any app or APKs on my rooted lava iris 405

I have 2.7 GB of free app storage..but still i cant install any app..And actually i lost my moto x and i am using the 405 for emergency..😁 But i want to use whatsapp nd facebook on it but it shows APP CANNOT BE INSTALLED.. Plz help coz i cant get a new phone for atleast a month..nd need to use whatsapp..plz help

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21