notification works fine if i am not in my text messages but if i have a text string open new messages do not have a notification sound
    05-27-2015 05:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a Samsung phone? This has been a common complaint after the Lollipop update to the S5 and Note 4. This behavior is in line with vanilla Android (i.e., what you'd find on the Nexus 5), so my suspicion is that Samsung decided to make it more like that--the rationale being that if the messaging app is open to that conversation, then the user must be looking at the conversation and can see when a new message arrives. So therefore, a notification tone wouldn't be necessary.
    05-28-2015 12:22 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I love it when non-users create or change functions. Might there be a different app I could use for messaging that WOULD let me hear when messages come in as I do not stare at my phone the entire time waiting for responses!
    05-28-2015 09:21 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I love it when non-users create or change functions. Might there be a different app I could use for messaging that WOULD let me hear when messages come in as I do not stare at my phone the entire time waiting for responses!
    Nope, I tried a different app and it is still the same.

Seems the notification while the convo was open was something only Samsung did.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-28-2015 10:13 AM
    Well I found out something. This Verizon app does play a notification when the message is open. You do not have to be on Verizon to use it and it has a lot of customization, including a top bar and page, and convo bubbles, any color you want. There are a lot of features in it also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssaging.vzmsgs
    B. Diddy and soxfanjim61 like this.
    05-28-2015 08:28 PM
    You rock!!!! thank you for the help!
    B. Diddy and Kelly Kearns like this.
    05-30-2015 09:29 AM