Question about the Browser

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I have been rockin' my new Vibrant since Friday... loooove it! Just one minor hiccup so far...

I checked a few of the other related threads regarding this and didn't find a concrete answer, especially one specific to my device. I've been doing a lot of ebay-ing lately and I want the full version site on my Vibrant. I can't access seller/buyer messages on the mobile version and it's driving me bananas because I have to then log onto my laptop to reply to stuff- an all too familiar feeling with my retired blackberry. There isn't even an option on the page anywhere to go to "full version." Cripes!

Help?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Check in settings when you're on a website. Tap menu - more -settings and see if there is a option to unchecked mobile. (Suggestion)

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't you open your browser and type the full version url in to access site?

If it is to long to type, the google it and touch the link.

Like I never use the Facebook app or the mobile site, I use the full site in my browser so I have all the functions.

(I do not like typing in long URL's)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So I have been rockin' my new Vibrant since Friday... loooove it! Just one minor hiccup so far...

I checked a few of the other related threads regarding this and didn't find a concrete answer, especially one specific to my device. I've been doing a lot of ebay-ing lately and I want the full version site on my Vibrant. I can't access seller/buyer messages on the mobile version and it's driving me bananas because I have to then log onto my laptop to reply to stuff- an all too familiar feeling with my retired blackberry. There isn't even an option on the page anywhere to go to "full version." Cripes!

Help?

@Brooke, when you are on the eBay mobile site, scroll to the bottom. You'll see some links at the bottom of the page, click on eBay.com and you'll be taken to the full site.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
You can look for a full link on the site you're visiting or set the user agent for your browser so it identifies itself as a desktop browser to the web server and directs you to the full version of the site. Stock browser may require some steps to show the user agent setting and may not retain the setting from session to session. A 3rd party browsers (Dolphin, xScope, Firefox, etc) generally allow you to specify the user agent.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
You can look for a full link on the site you're visiting or set the user agent for your browser so it identifies itself as a desktop browser to the web server and directs you to the full version of the site. Stock browser may require some steps to show the user agent setting and may not retain the setting from session to session. A 3rd party browsers (Dolphin, xScope, Firefox, etc) generally allow you to specify the user agent.

Like I mentioned above already, there is a link on the eBay mobile site to view the non-mobile version. No user agent setting on the Vibrant stock browser.

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I did not see any option to get off the mobile site. When I type ebay.com, I would always get re-directed to the mobile site.

There is no hidden setting I am missing?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I did not see any option to get off the mobile site. When I type ebay.com, I would always get re-directed to the mobile site.

There is no hidden setting I am missing?

Nope, you are doing it right so far. When you get to the eBay mobile site, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You'll see some links there, at the very bottom of the page. One will say eBay.com. Click it and you'll be taken to the regular site. From then on you be taken to the non-mobile site each time you visit.

If you need me to screen shot what I'm talking about, let me know.

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
ahh! got it!

speaking of screenshots, i don't have a screenshot app.. all of them i have attempted to download require rooting. any that don't?

also, to save myself from starting a new thread, can anyone assist with how i can get my stupid media card to start storing pictures? it won't. i even tried formatting the card before i stuck it into my Vibrant. Also, I tried to move them to my sd card with my pc and still nothing. i'm about ready to start throwing things.. pointy things.

*edit* pictures taken with my camera will save to the sd card. any email attachments i send to myself (ie wallpapers) won't save to the sd card. what can i do?

Last edited:

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Like I mentioned above already, there is a link on the eBay mobile site to view the non-mobile version. No user agent setting on the Vibrant stock browser.
That's why I acknowledged that the OP could:

1. Hit the full site URL and/or
2. Use a browser with a user agent setting

The preferred option is left to the OP to determine as there's always more than one way to skin a cat. OP doesn't have to stick with the stock browser. Option 1 isn't always available for all sites.

Stock browser may actually allow you to specify the user agent using the about:debug approach. Generally, though, that won't stick from session to session.

Also, I tried to move them to my sd card with my pc and still nothing.
What happens when you try? Do you get any errors or does it appear to copy?

Are you sure you're copying to the SD card and not internal storage?

Last edited:

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the browser help!

I do not get any error messages when trying to transfer. When I transfer, I check the media card storage and it didn't budge. If I take a picture, it will save to the media card and I notice a drop in the amount of availabe space.

Is there a straight forward step by step tutorial on how to properly do this?

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
It goes into a folder called downloads. It doesn't change the amount of remaining storage I havr on my media card, yet if I take a picture, I will check the available memory and it willhave gone down.

I realize I'm explaining this terribly

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To add photo's to your sdcard using your computer.

1. Connect your phone to the computer using a usb cable.
2. On the phone choose the connection type as disk drive
3. You might get a message on your computer asking to scan media card and select continue with out scanning.
4.Open your sdcard file from your computer by clicking on start>computer>sdcard.
5. If you haven't created a media file you may want to and in that file you can make a folder for ringtones, notifications, pictures, or what ever you want.
6. Then just drag and drop the pictures you would like to add to your sdcard.

anything you download (pics, pdf's) will go into that download folder.

to access these folders from your phone you can download a file manager like astro from the market and the pictures should just show up in your gallery.

Reactions: Brooke795

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
yay! as soon as my 10 month old goes nite-nite, I'm gonna give this a go!

Thanks!

edit: I want to add.. anything that gets downloaded from emails etc, you said will go into the download folder. will that be on the phone memory or the sd card?

3. You might get a message on your computer asking to scan media card and select continue with out scanning.
4.Open your sdcard file from your computer by clicking on start>computer>sdcard.
5. If you haven't created a media file you may want to and in that file you can make a folder for ringtones, notifications, pictures, or what ever you want.

to access these folders from your phone you can download a file manager like astro from the market and the pictures should just show up in your gallery.

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

btw everything that has been stored/saved is under a folder called DCIM. what does this mean?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The download folder is located on your sdcard and those file can be moved around by using a file manager or your computer. Not sure what DCIM means but its a folder on every device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol