I am suppose to have an unlocked phone from Verizon. That will allow me to use a different SIM card for when I go overseas. However, when I put the international SIM card in my phone I get that notification. Plus, I can not access my mobile data or receive/send pictures. But I can make calls and send texts. I have tried my network mode on Global and LET/GSM/UMTS as well. Is there a way I can fix this?
    06-03-2015 04:07 AM
    Welcome to AC.

Have you spoken to Verizon about it? They will probably be able to advise.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2015 07:14 AM
    1. You'll need a SIM card from a carrier in whatever country you'll be in. (I believe there's one carrier that will give you almost world-wide coverage, but they're not cheap.) You can't use the card that came with the phone (the carrier could allow that - they put that card's number in their database for your account - carriers in the US prefer to give you one of their own cards).

2. The SIM card, when you're on Verizon, is for data only - text and voice are on CDMA, which doesn't use the SIM card.

3.Exactly what does "that notification" say? Unless it asks you for the unlock code, you have no problem. (You have to b within range of a carrier's towers for that carrier's SIM to work, so if you're in the US, and put in an Italian SIM, it's not going to work. Cellphone signals don't go more than about 30 miles at best - horizon of the tower's antenna + horizon at your altitude is the best you can get, and it's usually a lot less than that. Considering that the horizon at the top of 1,000 foot tower is short of 39 miles, and the horizon of you standing in the street is about 2.7 miles, unless you're on the Canadian or Mexican border, you're not going to pick up any cellphone signals from another country. [And no, cellphone signals, even 700MHz signals, aren't subject to much in the way of atmospheric effects, for those who were wondering. There's no F2 or sporadic E effect at that frequency, it's strictly line of sight plus reflections.])
    06-04-2015 01:51 AM
    I just got it to work on my Verizon Note 4. You have to look up the APN information for the carrier of the SIM card you have. Sometimes the pay as you go APN data is different then the APN for the contract customers. Find the APN info on the carriers website and enter it in the phone. There are numerous tutorials on the Internet on how to do it. Once done you'll be able to have calls and data on your Verizon phone. Good luck. Oh yeah, don't bother calling Verizon for help.
    06-13-2015 06:34 AM
    Reconditioned VERIZON S7 EDGE to AT&T
    Connected to Internet. and did this:
    Settings
    Mobile Networks
    Network Mode
    Change from Global to LTE/GSM/UMTS , System select Manual
    Network Operators Search Networks selected AT&T
    With AT&T Sim Card seems to have cleared up the error message.

Good luck
    05-30-2016 01:49 PM