I recently got an SD card for my phone (LG Realm) and have been trying to add apps to it by clicking "move to SD card". It says that its moved, but nothing is showing up on it, and my space is still low on internal storage.
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
    06-03-2015 12:58 PM
    Even if an app can be moved to the sd card, it still leaves data on the internal storage to function properly, so it's not the greatest way to free up space. It's like how some computer games would install to the hard drive, but still required the disk to play.

It's better to move media and other files to the sd card if possible, to free up space on the phone.
    06-03-2015 03:58 PM
    Thank you for your reply!
    That's really good to know , but nothing at all will move to the SD card.
    06-03-2015 08:28 PM
    Has your phone been updated to Lollipop? I'm not familiar with the Realm specifically, but getting Lollipop could cause problems. Google made a change that only allows apps to manipulate folders and files they created on the external sd card. What that effectively means is third party file managers like E.S. File Explorer can't move files onto the card. (I've heard newer versions of LP have remedied this, but I'm not certain on that.) If you have an OEM stock file manager, that would be the only way to move those files without root access but not every phone has one. The only way to bypass this is tethering to a computer and using the computer to move files around with its explorer.

Again, that's just a possible issue if you've been updated to Lollipop. Have you tried tethering to a computer to move things around? What about trying the sd card in a separate card reader? It could be that the card is defective.
    06-03-2015 09:47 PM
    It says that its moved, but nothing is showing up on it, and my space is still low on internal storage.
    Tbut nothing at all will move to the SD card.
    The app is being moved to the SD card, but Android doesn't show apps being on the SD card it shows them being in internal memory (because that's where its directory listing is - Android can't actually install an app to the SD card unless you mount the SD card as its main storage - with an app like External 2 Internal SD (which requires root). The reason you aren't seeing much more free space is that the app is moved in pieces (it's written in pieces, and each piece has to be moved separately - also some of the pieces won't run from the card, so they don't get moved). And for each piece that's moved, there has to be a link pointing to it - in internal storage.

So just moving apps to the SD card doesn't save much. Using External 2 Internal gives you as much space as you have SD card. (Spend the money for a good card, because when it goes bad, all your apps are gone. So is any data the app saved "internally", so make sure you're always well backed up.)
    06-04-2015 12:03 AM
    I recently got an SD card for my phone (LG Realm) and have been trying to add apps to it by clicking "move to SD card". It says that its moved, but nothing is showing up on it, and my space is still low on internal storage.
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
    05-29-2016 04:59 PM