I am having to do a factory reset on my phone because the signal bars and 4g symbol has stayed grey for almost the whole month I've had service. It wont let me update my google play services or even go to my play store, instead it just says no connection. So I have to do a factory reset. I dont want to lose my pictures l, music, and other personal data I have on my phone. I do have a File Manager, and all my music and pictures pop up there, but I need a way to check and make sure everythin is saved on my SD card before proceeding with a factory reset. Can someone please help me? My phone is an Alcatel OneTouch HD, and I am with straight talk.
    06-04-2015 07:13 PM
    You should be able to find everything on your SD card via File Manager. When you're as far back as you can go without exiting the app it should ask if you want to go through phone storage or SD card storage.
    I have a samsung, and theres an app for them called Smart Switch, which takes everything from one phone (android, ios whatever) and sends it to a samsung. Apparently they say it will work with any android device. You can download it on the Google Play Store
    In the menu (3 vertical dots, top right corner) you can select transfer via SD card. This way you can back up your data to your sd card and just restore it to the phone.
    I still suggest checking the card via File Manager tho, since I have a Samsung, its a samsung app and its made for samsung (they just also say it will work for any android)
    Its another option
    06-06-2015 12:36 AM