my phone has gotten a lot slower in the past two weeks and it takes multiple attempts before an app responds and turns on properly. today, i put it on sleep for 3 hours and later on it did not want to turn on. i remember it being clearly at 62% when i put it to sleep so it couldn't be out of charge. it finally turns on but without the usual pattern (black screen with google written in the middle and then an "X" with microsofts colors) it finally started working and i opened facebook, it responded perfectly and then the screen went black and came back to normal. a moment later, the screen flashed pink and my phone restarted by itself. the same problem has been ocuring every try. i believe there is a certain time before it acts up like this.
    06-04-2015 09:33 PM
    Welcome to AC.

Try a Cache Partition wipe, if whatever phone you are using allows you to do that.

Also, if you are using an SD card, consider temporarily unmounting and removing it.

Safe Mode may also be worth trying.

Having said all that, it does sound like a hardware failure of some kind, but at least you could try those things.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 07:11 AM
    thats what i found after a bit of research. my phone is a samsung google nexus. could it be due to moisture? that's what many of my friends told me and what would be the solution to that if it is the case?
    06-05-2015 05:25 PM
    If the phone got wet yesterday, it's already too late to do anything about it today. See Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!

If there's large temperature change (leave the phone out in the car in freezing temperatures all night, then bring it into a warm house), the warmer air getting into the cold phone forms condensation, which is almost as bad as dropping the phone into a glass of water.

It could also be any of the things Belodion mentioned (safe mode will run the pone without any of the apps you installed, so that will eliminate or point to a bad app). It could also be a corrupt ROM. Reflashing it would fix that. (It would delete everything you've done to the phone since it came out of the box, so see Backing up an Android Device first. And see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN if you want to flash a ROM to a Samsung phone.
    06-05-2015 05:56 PM
    thank you, ive also been told to try the rice trick, if nothing changes by monday, ill look into what youve suggested. also, it didnt really get wet, i brought inside the bathroom while i took a shower the other to set an alarm.
    06-06-2015 11:09 AM