I have an LG phone that I have as WORD PASSWORD on and it shows Unfortunately LG keyboard as stopped How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

I have an LG phone that i have as WORD PSSWRD on and it shows "Unfortunately LG keyboard as stopped"

My phone is locked with a word password (not a symbol shape or anything) and all of a sudden it wouldnt show the keyboard--ive tried to scroll down from the little black notification bar at the top--it wnt show that--i can scroll side to side but one is just a camera and still wont do anything or take a pic-just keeps popping up "unfortunately lg keyboard as stopped"-the other says add widgets but still shows a psswrd text box as nd STILL WONT POP UP MY KEYBOARD--i can recieve calls and answer but the minute i hang up or they do it goes right back to the lock screen and shows no keyboard....ive done everything from shut the phone down and left it off for hours-taken the battery out and restarted it-taken the sim card out, held down power button and volume button at the same time(all that does is show a "phone will restart in 5secs" box and counts down and restarts if i dont let go" even restarting phone that way does not work, ive held down the middle menu button by itself and with power or volume visa versa--thinkng maybe a new box will show and NOTHING--i cant get into my settings, menu, app settings-ANYTHING AT ALL---am i doomed because its locked with a password??? Is there ANYWAY i can bypass the lockscreen?? I couldnt even restore it to factory settings or default because i cant even get to anything BUT THE LOCKSCREEN that i apparently cant punch my password into lol PLEASE HELP!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have an LG phone that i have as WORD PSSWRD on and it shows "Unfortunately LG keyboard as stop

Welcome to Android Central! Which LG phone? I've seen this crop up a few times, and I'm not sure how to get around it. Normally, if the keyboard is causing problems, I'd suggest installing a 3rd party keyboard, but that obviously doesn't help here. I would also suggest booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, but LG phones typically don't allow the user to do that.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have an LG phone that i have as WORD PSSWRD on and it shows "Unfortunately LG keyboard as stop

I don't know whether this is possible, but perhaps you could log in to your Google account on a PC and use Android Device Manager to cancel the password altogether, so that a simple swipe gets you into the phone? Once in, you could try the nearest thing to a Cache Partition wipe on an LG....clearing the Cached Data in Storage; and if still no go, Backup and Reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800