Can I get some help with an auto sync issue?

A

AC Question

Auto sync issue

Hello there..

Got the Lenovo A806, and i installed the VIBEUI_V2.0_1501_7.80.1_DEV_A806 ROM and it's Android version 4.4.2 .. yesterday i saw the synce on any account, include Google, is off [with this gray circle and text saying Sync is OFF] and i can only sync it manually by tap, since then i tried many things from online and by trying many phone options for many hours, but the Auto sync is still off and woun't come back..

I did saw many places when they say it's under data usage manu, enabling "Auto sync" option there, but checking thoroughly in my manus i didn't find anything speaking on Sync options, besides SHAREit or SYNCit built in apps which has someoptions but it has nothing to do with, also with many built in apps, theres' this green Security app which is very "control freak" and is all over the place, and it has data usage monitoring thing, so from remembering all the data usage references from the web, along with the fact the Auto Sync stopped from a week ago [So i saw last sync for all accounts was May 28], which is the date i remember i was almost finished all my operator data usage of 3GB, and that Security app gave me a notification and sort of Red Alert about me going to exceeding the limit, so from that i was thinking that it [the Security app] was blocing to auto sync option for reduce data usage or something like that, so i tried to unlock frozen apps and tried to clean it's catch and data from "apps", also playing with the data saver options, same to data "firewall apps", and there's no reset or restore to defaults option, so i think tried everything..

Can someone help please? any ideas why it doesn't Auto Sync any account? include Waze Hotmail an Corporate..

It's very important to me to have it autoSync as for everybody i guess so please someone to help, it will be very much appreciated!

Thanks and have a great day!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Auto sync issue

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried connecting to a different internet source like you home WiFi?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Maybe a reboot?

From the ZenFone 2.
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Jeff1984K

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

Sure i rebooted it like 20 times.. I did all the obvious things, but i also deleted the battery manager for case something blocked the autoSync cause of very low batt in some occasions, and i also checked all the settings for the Security app as it has this Cell Data controller and i did almost exceeded it on May 28, which is the last autoSync date, which make this data blocking issue to be the main suspect for me if it blocked and fail to reset the AS.. But it can be many other things, i did reset some features of the Security App such as the Firewall and the privacy guarder [or so i hope], but it's a built in app so it can't be removed, and this phone is not very common i saw in the Web, and i also installed a custom ROM on top of that so it need to be very Pro in that in order to solve my problem.. Hope someone could help..

Thanks again..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2