Dial Pad is missing / invisible (EVO 4G)

darenwelsh

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
When I hit the "Phone" button to dial a number, the dial pad is invisible. I can still toggle the dial pad with the button on the bottom left, but the numbers are missing. I have tried rebooting with no luck. Aside from uninstalling programs I have installed, do you have any suggestions?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would first try clearing data and cache in the dialer app.

settings>applications>manage apps>select all>phone dialer then hit clear data and cache.

Reactions: darenwelsh

darenwelsh

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
You guys rock - that fixed it.

I noticed there was a "Dialer" and another "Dialer HTC". I cleared both just to be sure.
Then there's a "Dialer Storage" -- it has 2.57 MB. What is the difference between all of these? Should I clear the storage data/cache?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think the dialer storage is your call log but there is a good chance I'm wrong. If you have everything working I wouldn't clear anymore and if a restart doesn't fix your problem always try clearing cache and data it usually does the trick.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Glad that worked! Like mclarryjr said if a soft reset doesn't work, your next bet is going to be to clear that applications data and/or cache. I can't tell you how many times I've run into an issue and simply clearing that information out resolved it.

darenwelsh

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
On a similar note, I've noticed the size of my mail application data has crept up there. I'm guessing it's the amount of mail downloaded from my exchange account. Is there a similar way to clear the cache and reset how much it has downloaded?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Is the clear data button greyed out? That would be where I'd start. I assume you're talking about the data being displayed in Manage applications, correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08