The settings menu has disappeared from the menu screen. How can I get it back?

A

AC Question

The settings menu has disappeared from the menu screen.

If I tap the menu button all I get is a smaller version of the home screen and buttons for wallpapers, widgets, and home screen. I can't get to settings. There is no settings button in apps either.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: The settings menu has disappeared from the menu screen.

Which phone do you have? In most phones you could be able to open the settings expanding the notifications shade. The cog icon should be top right. Also, in your app drawer look for that icon, tap & hold on it and drag it to your homescreen.

Mkaus

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S4. The screen won't expand and there is no cog icon under apps. I COULD get to settings until today.

Mkaus

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S4. The screen won't expand and there is no cog icon under apps. I COULD get to settings until today.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Have you updated anything recently? Apps, system? Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Mkaus

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I did reboot it. I allowed the company to update the system a while ago. I'm not sure I looked for settings after that. Other than that no I haven't added anything.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Ok. It seems that you updated to Lollipop and things changed a little bit. You can try a couple of things. Swipe down from the notifications bar. If the settings icon isn't there swipe down again. Also you can try to swipe down with two fingers. See what happens. The settings icon should be there.

Check this link for another ideas.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=528666

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang