The default Contacts app in Android 5 annoyingly displays all contacts from all apps, separated. It lets you restrict the display of the contacts to just the Google contacts, by going to the menu through the 3 vertical dots on the top right and selecting "Contacts to display". However, that doesn't restrict the search to the Google contacts only. That is annoying when trying to look up a person to call or edit through the phone app. Most of the time I see 4-5 results for the same person! I do NOT have multiple contacts. I have in fact spent time in merging all of my contacts through Google Contacts (accessible through Gmail), so that is not the issue. I have tried searching many times to get a resolution to this, but have yet to find one. Since android 5, this is the 2nd most annoying thing about android now. Is there a way to restrict the search to just the Google Contacts? Or, is there a way to view all contacts in a merged/joined manner, instead of merging/joining them individually?
    06-10-2015 03:19 PM