of late, my Lenova K920 (Vibe Z2 Pro) has updated itself from Kitkat to Lollipop. But after that the contact manager isn't showing all the contacts while in search mode. It left few and shows the remaining. But in the directory mode everything is available. I tweaked all my settings as per the manual but in vain. I contacted service center and they suggested to format and reload the Lollipop but i don't want to do that as all my valuable apps will be gone in no minutes. What should i do?
    06-11-2015 08:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are all of your contacts only stored locally in the Phone account, or are they in your Google account? If the latter, then factory resetting the phone won't erase your contacts, since they will simply re-sync from your Google account in the cloud.
    06-11-2015 12:14 PM
    All my contacts are stored in the phone memory. But it syncs with google. Even though i deactivate the sync option it automatically enables it thru another app.
    06-12-2015 08:46 AM
    That's unusual--the Phone account usually never syncs with your Google account in the cloud. The Phone account typically syncs using some kind of 3rd party sync program like Samsung Kies or HTC Sync, and often requires a USB connection.

Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. Select any of your contacts and edit it. Near the top, you should see which account it's associated with. Does it list your Google account, or something else like "Phone account"?

You also mentioned that it automatically enables sync through another app--which app is that?
    06-13-2015 12:31 AM