Why suddenly do I get the error that my Fingerprint Scanner doesn't work?

A

AC Question

Why suddenly do I get the error that my Fingerprint Scanner doesn't work

Finger Scanner just suddenly stopped working, its clean, the phone has been restarted, I tried to disable the feature but I can't as the function isn't working.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why suddenly do I get the error that my Fingerprint Scanner doesn't work

Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Is this an error message that appears?

Canmore77

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

Hi - its a Samsung Alpha. and the error is "an error has occurred with the fingerprint scanner. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device".. I have restarted my phone a dozen times today - every time I go to log into my phone this error message appears and I have restart the phone.

Canmore77

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

Nope... that didn't do anything.. I've also since deleted all my apps (game wise) and restarted my phone and still same error message.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It could be a problem with the firmware, in which case you may have to try a factory reset, or possibly re-flashing the stock firmware via Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Or it could be a hardware problem with the scanner, in which case I would contact Samsung for warranty repair (if it's still under warranty).